How Do You Guys Pick The Place You get your Shee Ported

I have a few places I have narrowed it down to, Im leaning towards a one of them, But I don't really have any means to tell how my bike will be different from one place to the next.

I mean I hear all these places do great work, the only difference i can actualy tell is price. But Thats not the most important thing....

I have it down to patriot racing, passion racing and grand river rapids racing, all these places sound very good but I have no idea how to choose.

Should I just pick one and guess?

If you narrowed it down to them. Give them a call and talk to them. Tell them your considering them to do your portwork. Tell them what you want etc etc etc. Whoever you feel most comfortable with afterward go with them. They're all reputable places so.

Dont count a builder out because you cant get a hold of them easily. I'm sure they are all very busy and when you do get a chance to talk to them it'll be worth it. And dont decide on one if you havent gotten a chance to talk to the other. It'll get rid of all wonderment of: I wonder if I would of went with.....

Try giving them an email as well if you cant get a hold of them and ask when a good time to call would be.

well Dan is out of town for a while, and I know he is too buisy to port my cylinders by turkey day.

I really don;t want to miss turkey day at glamis, i go every year. My buddy jsut had his dune buggy ported and has to run 110 now, id like to keep up with him at least! My other buddy with the NOS crazy all chrome banshee and mroe mods than I know about got in a car wreck and all kinds of parts were stolen off his bike while it was in the tow yard in brawley. he won't be riding for a while as it was serious. but i need to keep up with this buggy!

Ill give grand river racing a call tomarrow...So far passion racing seems to be the best deal. patriot the more reputable.

I have never dealt with GRR so I don't know anything about them except what I've read on HQ. I have dealt with both Dan at Patriot Racing and Jim at Passion Racing Engines. I think both of them are true engine gurus, way beyond the average engine 'builder'.

i just got my cylinders back from jim at passion racing and the bike flat out hauls ass i can carry the wheels most of the way down the track in 300 feet while sitting on the tank don't be fooled by his pricing he knows what he is doing i got the drag port 12 port design and i would not trade it for anything these guys i race against just got a dyno and they want me to bring it up because i stomp them so bad of course i said no i can't give away all my secrets. Give him a try i promise you won't be disappointed. I wasn't and i know his name is not well known but how do you think all these other names started. they started witha few guys that were willing to take chance and vola they were in buisness. And jim will answer any questions you have and will set you up with ecactly what you want.

Oh thats easy,Rudy at port magic,and then there is Rudy at port magic,and you might consider,Rudy at port magic.

I'd have to agree, at least talk to him as well, at one time Port Magic racing had the fastest reliable banshee's on the west coast for dragg racing. He is a great guy to deal with and will do ya right. I only have the "mild" porting and am scared to see the "wild" porting he does.

um....well.....uh.....ohh.....GRR

Hey great to see your still on the forum :) Im really tempted to give passion racing my topend and see what they can do, Im not going for drag portnig though, I want a nice even dune port. I do like to drag too, I find myself sometimes able to pull out way in front of people even with engine work done, but after I hit my top speed in 6th they fly past me at the sand drags.

I called GRR but they have not called me back, and they no longer answer the phone in the day because they are so buisy. Jim was going to give me a really good deal, and although price is not what counts most, I am a college student, and I may need to help my GF buy a quad soon also. (She of course wants a Banshee)