should i run yamahalube ?

k&nshee

Just got a 2006 banshee off a guy he said he was running walmart brand premix oil and im not going to stick with so now im trying to decide what i want to switch too im leaning toward yamahalube just because thats what yamaha recomends . Does anyone else have any better sugestions

and on a side no should i run 93 octane and mix 32:1 or just stick to 87octane

Edited by k&nshee

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yamalube....no. Try doing some research on here using the search function......there hae been 100s of post like this.

There are so many different oils that are better than yamalube....

Klotz

Amsoil

The list goes on and on.....

32:1 and at least 90 on a stock bike....l.id run 93 if it has pipes or more unless mods call for more octane

Yamalube....no. Try doing some research on here using the search function......there hae been 100s of post like this.

There are so many different oils that are better than yamalube....

Klotz

Amsoil

The list goes on and on.....

32:1 and at least 90 on a stock bike....l.id run 93 if it has pipes or more unless mods call for more octane

Yeah it has fmf pipes and jetted . I was going to search egnine it but i didnt see where to do it

I've ran Klotz in the banshee and looked good after 5 years on Wisecos but it always had a proper warm up. Run walmart super tech in the ski's as they can go through quite a bit of gas. Never had a failure with them either and they somtimes stay full throttle for 5 miles at a time. Jetting and warm-up are probably more important than oil brand.