Matt this question is for you!

traxx2003

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are the exact arms..

http://www.laegerracing.com/component/virtuemart/13/1/a-arms/long-travel-a-arms-detail?Itemid=0

Fox isn't going to tell you anything. They aren't going to know what a-arms their shocks fit.

If Laeger is telling you that 17.25" Fox Evols will work, they are wrong.

Tyler: for what it is worth - I am running 19" Stage 4 Elkas on the front my bike and I have zero clearance issues. My a-arms have the same jam nut, lock nut and adjustable caster setup as yours do.

Keep in mind though that I am running a full Laeger chromoly chassis with 250R geometry and a Pro-Trax front end - so it's really not an apples to apples comparison, however I am running the equivalent of a +2" front end. My front end measures 48" with 4-1 wheels.

Hopefully you can get a straight answer from Scott at Laegers. In my experience his customer service and his willingness to be helpful is not that great at times so be prepared....

Besides poor service at times I am extremely happy with this setup and the quality and performance of the Laegers products.

"Loco" any updates on the Fox Float fitment problems? Did you find a solution?

I am sending my shocks back tomorrow. They're going to swap them out for 17.25" shocks. I am not convinced those are long enough but I guess we will see.

For now I put my 17.25" Stage 5 Elkas on and there's no way they're going to hit. The rezzie is also an inch shorter.

vezate3e.jpg

They're 17.25". If I said earlier they were 19" it was just an assumption. I put them on last night and measured them. 17.25" for sure.

So do you have clearance with the Elkas fully compressed?

It still looks really close in the pics.

I will see if I can post some pics of mine later on.

So do you have clearance with the Elkas fully compressed?

It still looks really close in the pics.

I will see if I can post some pics of mine later on.

Upon testing it tonight by jumping on the front end, I could not get the Elka rezzie to hit. Keep in mind, the Elka rezzie is 1" shorter than the Fox rezzie. They say the 17.25" Floats will work. I guess we will see.