V FORCE 4

gangstahic

Juan, where are the motherfucking dyno sheets? Or are we just supposed to take the word of a fucking nobody?

Well, the fucking nobody called the jetting recommendations spot on. Oh, don't look now but I'm also helping people with advice and info.....I'm sorry, did you have anything helpful to say?

The dyno results are something called "Work Product" and are the property of V-Force. But I have no problem "Telling you" what they said.

You don't have to take my word on anything.....and I'm sure you never will. I could be 100% right about something and you would do the opposite just because you're you.

I'd prefer that you just figure it out on your own. Your such a big player in this sport....how come your site sponsors haven't hooked you up with a pair and some free dyno tests? :yank:

Roger Decoster joined KTM as team leader and completely revamped their MX program. So maybe you can see where his political pull in this sport has lead to the development of these new reeds.

(KTM has some new killer strong 2-stroke motors out.) This would explain why the reeds came out for the KTM first.

We have also been promised that we will be getting the first prototype designs for the new Yamaha 250 when they are ready for testing.

Now there are a few V-Force 4 posts going on here all at the same time.......But if you read them all, you'll notice there are a few people (and they are always the same ones) who "Don't need to test them because they just know what the results are going to be." <_<

I did A LOT of dyno passes with many different reed combos as they made the path from prototype to available product. I've posted what we saw as the result of that testing.

Better bottom end. - Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that if you need 1 pilot size larger, that you must be making some serious bottom end.

Larger reed size and more reed tip surface area - Again, not hard to figure out that more air volume will lead to more power.

Top end power - Peak numbers exceeded those of reed stuffer modded 3's and are on par with that of the classic 2's.

(Note to the drag guys and die hard V-2 fans).....that means that yes the peak numbers are very close. But your going to see more power thru the entire curve. That is still more power.

:shrugani: But haters are going to hate. (Mostly because they can't add to the conversation) So they will bash the person who is getting all the attention or the people who are interested in a topic the hater knows nothing about.

I shared the findings of our testing. Now with all the interest out there we're getting other independent seat of the pants ride feedback. (Thanks "Special06shee" for your feedback) I'm betting that everyone who gets a set and bumps the pilot up one size is going to have nothing but smiles to report. I said it before....Buy with confidence boys, and enjoy. :cheers:

Edited by WINDYCITYJOHN400
  • Like 1

I would think that the need for the larger jetting would be from a decrease in velocity through the intake track due to the increase in reed area. I was waiting to see what jetting changes would be needed and I'm not really shocked by the findings.

Obviously, people going from a stock reed setup will see gains. What other reed setups were tested and on what type of motors? Reason I ask, is that Majority of the people buying these will have near stock motors. Previous dyno testing has shown that these stockish motors can't generate enough draw through the intake to take advantage of the VF2's and VF3's vs other setups. (not saying they performed bad) As the builds get bigger.. the VF cages start to pull away. My stock cylinders have the option to use CR125 cages.. But I was told by a couple builders that I wouldn't see gains. Which is probably why the big reed conversions died out, except on the big 465+cc engines. If more is better.. why are the top builders that are setting records not using big reed conversions on their smaller motors when they clearly have the means?

Not hating on the VF4's.. I think they have their place.. Just like I think the older VF's had their place.

JMO of course..

So in essence this is no different than Takai coils right?

We're all just supposed to take your word for it with absolutely no concrete evidence?

Makes tons of sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:rolleyes: I don't see how you can make that leap. I'm not the company telling you it's the next big thing.....

I'm just a site member who has experience with this product and I'm sharing that information with fellow members.

I don't expect YOU to take my word on anything. Others on this site might see my comments as helpful free information.

my buddy "Special06shee" told me they are better he had the v force 2's in his cub then I believe him he is not a bullshitter if he did not like them he would have said so to me at least .. he would not have posted it hear maybe but he would have said he was pissed to me..!!!

I would like to try them as well but I'm not gonna jump out and buy them yet my 3's are new so I will run them for now but I would bet the 4's would be better how much I dont know.

remember change is good people good or bad you always learn something new!!!!!

Well maybe ill change my story up a bit to make people happy.... I have the new 4's and they are absolutely horrible!! I put them on and it made my bike blow up!! Pieces everywhere!! Before it blew up i bet i lost 33hp compared to the 2's!! Is this what yas wanted to here?? :confused: if not i can come up with another line!!

Edited by special06shee

man some of you guys cant handle a new product being better then what you are running :rotflmao: this is a product review section, what do you really expect???

It has nothing to do with it being a product review it has everything to do with the guy giving the review. Windy has had a few run ins with certain people on this site and now no matter what Windy says it is bull shit. For some reason people can never look past someone making a mistake and if they do one thing wrong then they are a idiot and nothing they say is worth a shit. Everyone could love the product and as soon as windy chimed in and said it was good then he would get blasted saying he was full of shit. Not sticking up for anyone just telling you why this is happening.

man some of you guys cant handle a new product being better then what you are running :rotflmao: this is a product review section, what do you really expect???

I think this is where people may be misunderstanding my stand on this. The 4's very well could be better then the 2's and 3's.. I'm not disputing that. My point is, that the VF cages may not ALWAYS be the best option for every motor. Which has been seen with the 2's and 3's in the past.

mike, as of now there is no proof that the vf4's are better then what I'm running on my setups. And there currently isn't VF4's available to replace my VF3's. But I doubt I'll see any gains as my 3's are near identical to the 4's. (notice I said "I doubt".. not its impossible)

This review seems to describe the OP's findings and experience rather well and people switching from similar setups to VF4's should get a idea on what to expect.

• Like 1