New Banshee H/O Lighting Stator Looking for R&D Tester

RaceTech Electric

I haven't had no faults to date, the stator powers up my 55w per side street bike lights as well as a led rear without problems.

As for fitting a battery with an airbox it can be done. I ran a ktm 450 battery box at the coolant tank location. I'm running pods now so I'm going to move it further forward.

I've also seen one mounted behind the bumper, I prefered it up higher though.

Sorry guys I haven't checked this thread in quite awhile. I could build a no-output ignition stator for race use. Honestly, if it uses a full core, I don't see any advantage to it though, other than simplicity.  If one of you guys wants to try it, (and pay for the stator), I will modify one, removing the charging poles and windings, and give you an ignition only stator.

What would an ignition only race stator run? Many fellow racers are tired of gambling on used OEM or getting raped for new OEM. We will never run lights and simplicity is key.

You may have just built the better mouse trap....

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

I haven't had no faults to date, the stator powers up my 55w per side street bike lights as well as a led rear without problems.

As for fitting a battery with an airbox it can be done. I ran a ktm 450 battery box at the coolant tank location. I'm running pods now so I'm going to move it further forward.

I've also seen one mounted behind the bumper, I prefered it up higher though.

could you post some pics of your setup?  ,  would love to be abele to run HID's and keep my stock air box.  

I found some old pics laying around, this was when I first mounted it up (I later replaced the brackets with some thicker ones)

y3anupuv.jpg

sy6epe3e.jpg

Here's the part number for the 450 ktm battery tray, it worked out about $12 for the tray and rubber battery holder from a ktm dealer. It's great value for the money.

yru8u2an.jpg

What would an ignition only race stator run? Many fellow racers are tired of gambling on used OEM or getting raped for new OEM. We will never run lights and simplicity is key. You may have just built the better mouse trap.... Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

I agree.

OK, game on guys. Who wants to be the guinea pig? I will modify and even further bullet-proof a Banshee stator for drag/race use. It will have no lighting/charging output whatsoever. It will simply be an efficient ignition output.  We'll need to do some testing here to see the advantage of using this setup.  I will need somebody that can test this on a race-spec bike quickly, and give me feedback right away. Who's in? Maybe I'll start a new thread tomorrow for this idea, and people can post pics of the bikes they are interested in testing on. hmmm...

OK, game on guys. Who wants to be the guinea pig? I will modify and even further bullet-proof a Banshee stator for drag/race use. It will have no lighting/charging output whatsoever. It will simply be an efficient ignition output. We'll need to do some testing here to see the advantage of using this setup. I will need somebody that can test this on a race-spec bike quickly, and give me feedback right away. Who's in? Maybe I'll start a new thread tomorrow for this idea, and people can post pics of the bikes they are interested in testing on. hmmm...

Shoot one to a sponsor that can run it on a dyno.

Still have the same CDI. So I'll vouch for the stator. I guess it was just poor timing on my cdi to poop out on the first ride with the new stator.

I'm sure Evan will make these stators top notch and they'll be a great alternative to the oem.

You dont really need a full sized atv battery though would you? couldnt you use a small battery almost like something from an RC car, id definitely like to try the DC setup eventually.

An rc battery probably would be suited more to a led setup, hid's have a huge draw so you'd probably need the biggest ones available.

I just thought I'd share a cheap, easy, and tidy alternative to mounting a battery in a purpose designed box

An rc battery probably would be suited more to a led setup, hid's have a huge draw so you'd probably need the biggest ones available.

I just thought I'd share a cheap, easy, and tidy alternative to mounting a battery in a purpose designed box

Ohhhh ok that must be what i was thinking of then. Matts light are probably only ones LED that were worth a shit and didnt cost an arm and leg.

An update, I've been working on the drag stator prototype yesterday, and it's just about done. I'll have it finished this afternoon and ready for testing. Now who will test this on a drag bike under real world conditions and give me reliable feedback?  

Here's some pics from construction. I will be making these from my existing stator for now, with extra epoxy sealing for the ignition coils.

They will be $139 I think.  I will need the tester to pay full price for the stator .Upon receiving full feedback and information, I will refund the price. Unfortunately I have to do this because I have had bad results with test parts in the past.

Who's in?

Here is the stator out of the box, about to get started:

Q5uKSHv.jpg

Removed securing zip ties & lighting ground screw:

3MqUcHc.jpg

Unwinding lighting/charging coils:

e2eedAQ.jpg

Getting there!:

DD0zzZX.jpg

Epoxying wire wire connections & leads for ignition coils:

Labo10Z.jpg

Epoxy will be cleaned and sanded when dry. These were from yesterday afternoon.

I'm gonna go wrap it up, and I'll post some pics of the final part.

I've been thinking more about this. I'd really like a Banshee OEM flywheel to test with on my test bench. I want to test the temperature in the ignition windings with this stator vs. a full lighting stator. I believe there could be an advantage with these in a race setting due to lower winding temps.