artrax tires

old put-put

I just purchased a set of artrax 21-7-10 fronts and 20-11-10 rears with itp t9 wheels, and I cannot get them to start to take air to seat the bead. Has anyone else had this problem, and how did you get them to take air? I have tried

puttin ratchet straps on them but to no avail.

put some soapy water around the bead, it helps lube them up to slip onto the bead, it then dries and seals them nicely.

Seating the beads are not the problem, getting the sidewalls to go out far enough to pressurize the tire to start the beads to set is the problem.

again, put some soapy water around the lip/bead/edge/what ever you want to call it.

this will allow the rubber to slide on the metal of the rim easier.

also make sure you wasn't stupid enough to buy tires that were the wrong size.

The tires and rims are the right size. The tires are very soft and do not flex out when ratcheted down.

Haven't tried it on a 4 wheeler but on my tractor and worked great..... Take a ratchet strap and wrap it around the tire and wrench it down making the side walls bow out. Then put air in it. When I did it on my tractor the bead popped on almost instantly.

Haven't tried it on a 4 wheeler but on my tractor and worked great..... Take a ratchet strap and wrap it around the tire and wrench it down making the side walls bow out. Then put air in it. When I did it on my tractor the bead popped on almost instantly.

Thanks on the input, never had this problem mounting tires before have mounted many. Seems like everything these days has to be a fight!!! I'll try some more thanks again.

I try to push down hard on the center of the tire to push air out real quick as I'm putting the air in.. If that don't work after a few minutes I use brake cleaner and a lighter that always works

I have had that problem,especially with new sand tires. first always have the valve core out for maximum air. With a DRY tire and wheel try to push the bead on as far and tight as possible on the tapered side of the wheel.(the side you don't mount on) with your chuck on the valve stem, your knee in the middle on the wheel, and with both hands,and maybe even a buddiies, pull the tire very gently over to the other side. When your tired of "that was close but the back popped off" try it with a blow gun or two at the bead,( not one of those sissy safety low pressure blow guns) the more air in the better. If all fails or your compressor doesn't have that much reserve, then a LITTLE bit starting fluid or brakeleen and throw a match. (Probably should not be telling people to do that-legally) Or find a tire shop with a Cheetah (I made one out of an old air bubble-cuz dam they're expensive)

I have had that problem,especially with new sand tires. first always have the valve core out for maximum air. With a DRY tire and wheel try to push the bead on as far and tight as possible on the tapered side of the wheel.(the side you don't mount on) with your chuck on the valve stem, your knee in the middle on the wheel, and with both hands,and maybe even a buddiies, pull the tire very gently over to the other side. When your tired of "that was close but the back popped off" try it with a blow gun or two at the bead,( not one of those sissy safety low pressure blow guns) the more air in the better. If all fails or your compressor doesn't have that much reserve, then a LITTLE bit starting fluid or brakeleen and throw a match. (Probably should not be telling people to do that-legally) Or find a tire shop with a Cheetah (I made one out of an old air bubble-cuz dam they're expensive)

Are you referring to a small 5-10 gallon tank that lets all the air out in like a few seconds? My buddie showed me one one WOW that thing worked!!!

You put it on the bead right? At least that is how this one worked

Are you referring to a small 5-10 gallon tank that lets all the air out in like a few seconds? My buddie showed me one one WOW that thing worked!!!

You put it on the bead right? At least that is how this one worked

Exactly -you can google cheetah tire inflator,I couldn't get a pic to load, anyway they cost over 300bucks. I welded a pipe nipple on my air bubble, put on valve, 30bucks and done.

I haven't had the balls to do the match trick but I've heard it works good. Last few I fought I did the strap, pulled the core on the stem, then used a blow gun in the valve stem. Hat did the trick for me. Sometimes standing it up and bouncing on it at the same time u blast it with air. Gotta have plenty of air though. And don't stop putting it in till the beads get close to popping. Good luck.

i have a set of these i have not got to test out yet, but they are a crazy tire size and even when they are mounted on the rims look like the bead isnt set on all the way. they seem to be a skinnier tire then normal 10" wide tires and thats why they look like the are not set on the bead. can of starter fluid and a match works wonders for any tire that doesnt want to go on the rim. BANG there on there that was the only way i got mine mounted. i believe i bought the 20/10/9 but truely they look like 19/9/9 bought them to try something different instead of changing gearing on mx track.