Whats everyones thoughts on the 2-1 setup?

Either you know how to tune a carb or you dont.

I thought lately about taking my over ride out, widening the front and throwing knobbies back on. Then i realized that i would be detuning a beast for trails and it will still spin all day will suck. So im looking into a 4mil serval now. So little info on them though :(

Round 4: New choke plunger, choke tube between carbs. 25 pilot's w/ air screw 1/4 turn out, 320 mains. New dealer bowl gaskets and bowl screws. Idles nice now, has good throttle response. The power band is much smoother then the single carb. Looks like I will be selling a Exciter 440 intake.

• 1 month later...

I'm still happy with the dual carbs versus the single. I'm still in process of jetting the stock dual's. I have 30 pilots in it. I'm back up to 390 mains and its still a tad lean. I had to order 400~420 mains. It ran like crap before because I didn't have the the choke connecting hose installed. It's running really good now. Starts easy and doesn't hesitate or bog when you hit the throttle.

I'm still happy with the dual carbs versus the single. I'm still in process of jetting the stock dual's. I have 30 pilots in it. I'm back up to 390 mains and its still a tad lean. I had to order 400~420 mains. It ran like crap before because I didn't have the the choke connecting hose installed. It's running really good now. Starts easy and doesn't hesitate or bog when you hit the throttle.

If your running 390's and still lean..........you have an air leak.

stock carbs on cubs i usually end up at 410 to a 420 main..

the ole 421 stock cylinder i had i think it was a 390 - 400 main.

BUT  if you havent done it it would be a good idear to do a leak down test.  without the choke tube it would have ran lean as all get out i believe.

wow

I didn't know there was suppose to be one there. There wasn't one when I bought the bike. I have not been around banshee's and this was a learning process. I still figured it out.

Yes I did a leak down. Its sealed up nice and tight. I did make my ports and boost ports huge.

I ran another leakdown test after a run to the local hardware store for two fittings to go into the carb boots. I pump it up to 7 pounds and it starts loosing pressure steadily. Takes about 2 mins for it to wind down to 1 pound then it holds. I sprayed everything down with soap/water and I've got nothing. I pulled the stator cover off to change out the stator and I sprayed down the case side and seal and no bubbles. Next I'll have to pull the clutch side and spray that down. I'll probably have to pull the motor and reseal the case in the end. Sigh..........