Shearer or sniper pipes

You should run a set of Snipers on the hills, see if you can set as many records with them as you do your Shearers

I did pipes for two dirt-bike hill climbers running in West Virginia on the 400 foot hill, both have custom in-frame pipes, one is a 610 DM and the other is a YZ 85. I have been told the DM was the fastest on the hill last year (with a pro rider), but let me say this is secondhand information, will post some video if I get any. I'm sure Loco could get the scoop on this.

Gary do you know the guys name, my bother in law is big in to the hill climbs. He says there one bike that has banshee motor in it. He says he just clean up with that thing. This was in Ohio. I'm guessing this bike is the one your talking about

No brad I don't know his name but Jim does, he sold the pipe. That guy told the other guy with the YZ85 his pipe was built in California, so he don't know I built it.

I can bring some Snipers to the PSDA race in MI. I'll even put them on a 421 and make some passes. They're not a bad pipe. And i mis spoke about pipes at Gilbert. We did win the 0-425 with RDZ pipes, but we could have won it with any pipe, I think. (The track was the limiting factor on the small motors,not hp). As far as Menz's pipes, his are already designed for his motor. He bought the RDZ weld up kit and cut the pipes for his specs. Using software he said that pipe design made more difference in (theoretical) hp than any other variable. He even took measurements of my SB and BB Shearers and the Snipers and made some theoretical dyno curves based on his motor specs.

There were only 3 (out of 12 - 16 that were in the class) that even qualifed in the the 3.s. My rider had 0.450 lights all day long and had most of the field covered by at least 2 tenths on the e.t.. That's why I said we could have won (that class) with any pipe. Not  close to record breaking passes in that class.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...