new to site and banshee newbi

hey guys, just picked up my first banshee and i am amazed with the power. the guy i got it from says that it has a 403 big bore/ stroker. the jugs have all the factory casting numbers on it, but it looks like it has C T engraved in the side of the jugs undere the black powder coat. is there any way i can identify this with out tearing the engine down?

Welcome to BansheeHQ! :cheers:

It's really hard to say what the motor could be. I may be what he says, then again, it may not be. The best way to know for sure is to tear it down.

CT probably means CT Racing. They're not really known for their Banshee performance stuff.

If you need any parts, be sure to check out BansheeHQ's sponsors. They have everything you could ever need.

I'm not a professional by any means but in my opinion, the only way you are going to verify anything, is to see it your self. I doubt the markings you speak of on the cylinder actually identify any inside motor work but who knows. If you really want to help the wise men out in here post a pic of what you are talking about. The guys told me in here, "if it aint broke don't fix it ." So if you like the way it rides, and it aint broke, I personally wouldn't pull it apart just to see whats in it unless you're hell bent on knowing. Either way you chose to go, have fun with the banshee.

well i took the head off because the head gasket was leaking and presureizing the coolant. it has a solid copper head gasket with 69mm pistons. it is the stock 54mm stroke. i see it has 2 base gaskets under the jugs, and in the box of stuff that came with the bike there is a aluminum spacer. should that spacer be in there?

well i took the head off because the head gasket was leaking and presureizing the coolant. it has a solid copper head gasket with 69mm pistons. it is the stock 54mm stroke. i see it has 2 base gaskets under the jugs, and in the box of stuff that came with the bike there is a aluminum spacer. should that spacer be in there?

That comes with a Four mil crank. I was dumb and did it that way. Are you sure is a stock stroke?

If that gasket was leaking and causing pressure to go into your overflow I would replace it, looks like you've got yourself a 4 mil! You could get a coolhead from one of the sponsors that has domes cut for the added stroke, that way you wouldn't need that copper gasket, instead it would use an oring