12 oclock pimp

wacko2000

So i was in the market for a banshee motor for a project, I come across this motor on craigslist in flemington NJ- email the guy and exchange numbers- we texted back and forth the details and worked out a price and i would pick it up.

Now i have all the texts to back up every single detail, This is what Im told, motor was built as a spare motor and all parts where purchased from members on the HQ-

stock stroke- stock bore cylinders with a brand new topend, crank trued and welded, everything is good and motor hasn't been started yet.

So, i meet with this dude on November 25th at his house, at the time not knowing he was a member on here till i showed up and he was wearing a HQ hoodie, anyways i look the motor over, we do a leak down test, it leaked VERY little, not enough to be worried at the time. I figured id end up tearing it apart anyways.

Yesterday SLEEPER06 pulled the jugs off to begin porting them for me, when i got to his house he brought to my attention that the motor would not spin, it actually took 5 guys to make the motor spin, dude used so much three bond he locked the motor up.

Now we are forced to split the cases, we start on the flywheel side, pull the side cover off and first thing we notice is a castle nut (american size) holding the flywheel on, we get that nut off and behind that is a plastic garden hose washer.. Also the nut was basically hand tight.

Pull the flywheel off and the thing is mangled, looked like it was smashed with a sledge hammer, SLEEPER06 said it appeared that someone tried prying on it rather than using the proper tool to remove it.

Now the clutch side, start disassembling and the clutch basket was shot must have been 1'' of slop from left to right on the basket and gear.

Finally get the cases split and the crank is a disaster, center bearings wear frozen we couldnt get them to move at all- outter bearings were caked with glue and rust.

Carl put the crank on his true stand and it was .3000 out and WAS NOT welded.

There were brand new pistons in the bike which are now paper weights, there were grooves in the cylinders they need to be bored out and new top end needs to be purchased.

So basically now I have to pay for a new Crank,top end,bore,clutch basket, new seal and gasket kit

Thanks 12 0clock Pimp your a real honest stand up Guy-

These pictures do no justice, i didnt get a picture of the flywheel or the jugs.

IMG_3059.jpg

IMG_3060.jpg

IMG_3061.jpg

IMG_3062.jpg

IMG_3063.jpg

IMG_3064.jpg

IMG_3065.jpg

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did turn the motor over, it was tight but just figured it was bc i was turning it over while it was sitting on a milk crate

He must have just finished assembling it or something but once all the shit seeped in and dried up nothing wanted to move!! Everything else checked out and seemed fine

I know it's a risk buying used stuff and I'm okay with that, but seems like no1 is honest these days, can't trust anyone and this dude is a cop I hear

Sucks Wacko. I seen that ad on C.L. You can look at it two ways. Sometimes people are to stupid to know they are selling junk. When you see half ass shit like that on the motor, you have to wonder. Hope you straighten it out.

He said he assembled it himself, which i believe bc it was rediculous the stuff we where finding, allen head bolts behind the clutch basket hitting the rivets.

Just non sense after non sense.

Trust me, if he told me he wasnt sure of the assembly or suggested i go through the motor than fine, I prob would have still bought it bc of what he told me was done to it.

I was banking on a good stock crank true and welded, virgin cylinders, brand new pistons etc

Now the motor will be .30 over bc of the scarring on the walls

Bottom line is he lied, He finally answered my texts today and says " the motor was sold as is, crank, clutch and everything is fine"

Stand up guys huh??? Like i have nothing better to do with my time than to text him a dozen pictures than make this thread on the HQ

I don't mean "to rub salt in the wound" but i gotta Know :confused:

What did you give him for that bucket of bolts? This guy needs to man up and make this right.

Good luck,

Troy

Im trying to stay positive, I basically paid for cases, tranny and jugs.

I will replace everything else.

Joe