12 oclock pimp

wacko2000

Um, I am not going ass deep in this conversation. Just noticed our name in the thread and making sure we did not do something wrong.

Couple things for consideration, above mention was 3 tenths. 3 tenths really is 3/10 or .300 of whatever, most likely an inch here. However, in us machinist terms, real tenths is a friggin MILE so most know that when we refer to "tenths", it is actually ten thousands of an inch of .0001". Not trying to make anyone right or wrong, just offering perspective.

Regarding checking a crank, the crank would (or should) be tested for both radial and axial runout or "TIR" (total indicated runout). This is basically the wobble of the crank shaft from true dead nuts. There is also the phasing of the crank that is totally separate from the above in which the max stroke from each rod is measured relative to the crank rotation. The banshee should be 180* phasing but those angles can also be calculated into linear measurement with trig. It is very common to see a Banshee crank twist or lose proper phasing which just results in poor performance. It can usually be determined by only testing the the true TDC of each cylinder with a precision degree wheel installed.

Anyway, probably more than is needed here but just trying to clear up any confusion there.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So im assuming i wrote that wrong and apologize but im sure SLEEPER06 will chime back in when he gets off of work and tell you exactly how far out the crank was..

Mull, you guys did nothing wrong, Carl just stated that the head was pulled off with intentions on having you guys do some work on it. But we kinda got derailed with all the other BS that went on during the tear down.

Bottomline, motor appeared fine but turned into a nightmare.

This dude cant be trusted, this isnt the first funny stunt that he pulled.. From what i heard, both ginger and NYUK had some issues with him

Joe

The crank was .003 or three thou on stator side ,.005 on primary side,I have all needed equipment to check phasing ,radial /bearing runout but it would have been a waste of time.The crank bearings wont even spin so the guy who did a yamabond test (WOW) i just proved you wrong!The cylinder clearances is what through up a red flag at first .Im my 90s on motor rebuilds and i can tell by feel if its too lose.So just to be sure i brought them to EAL honing a great guy who is just as anal as i am about shit.This guy is in the aviation an outboard race scene and is the best in the business as far as im concerned,he uses all SUN-IN equipment and guages the pistons were .009 an 6tenths smaller than the bore call it .010 either way not good.The reason he had the motor and didnt say anything for two weeks is because it was sitting on my bench and i didnt have time to look at it.This all gets fucked because the whole reason for him buying a motor was I didnt have time !Again i gotta go to work ill check back

ok fine, ill tell it,

my one buddy new this guys sister, and told me he had a shee for sale. i had thought about getting one for a few months since my previous one was stolen.

I get there, and granted the thing looked rough, but seems machanically fine, fired up first or second kick, would idle, seemed like all it would need is some plastics and it would be good to go.

first thing i noticed was when i was done riding, and i would wash it, it wouldnt start. turned out the wiring harness was more hacked up than i thought. and when i got it wet it would short out.

well after i took it riding twice the head gasket was leaking and pushing water into the cylinders. no big deal, these things happen. Well i pulled the head and you can tell the headgasket was reused. and the top of the head had some bad pitting. figured it was from a previous deal, and he just didnt want to shell out the money for a head, not like it was terrible.

Well i decide to check the cylinders while i have the head off, and the one cyinder has to TERRIBLE scars down the front of the cylinder wall. to the point where i purchased new cylinders and pistons and a cool head.

Also i had issues with the kick starter idler gear bushing breaking and breaking part of the clutch basket.

Overall, I basically completely rebuilt the bike and took it all as a learning experience. That just because someone is a cop, that they arent trustworthy.

The crank was .003 or three thou on stator side ,.005 on primary side,I have all needed equipment to check phasing ,radial /bearing runout but it would have been a waste of time.The crank bearings wont even spin so the guy who did a yamabond test (WOW) i just proved you wrong!The cylinder clearances is what through up a red flag at first .Im my 90s on motor rebuilds and i can tell by feel if its too lose.So just to be sure i brought them to EAL honing a great guy who is just as anal as i am about shit.This guy is in the aviation an outboard race scene and is the best in the business as far as im concerned,he uses all SUN-IN equipment and guages the pistons were .009 an 6tenths smaller than the bore call it .010 either way not good.The reason he had the motor and didnt say anything for two weeks is because it was sitting on my bench and i didnt have time to look at it.This all gets fucked because the whole reason for him buying a motor was I didnt have time !Again i gotta go to work ill check back

http://bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=147527

All tolerances checked huh??

Just another cheating,lying,dishonest cop...

Still isnt man enough to admit you screwed someone, or offer some sort of help or reimbursement

I'm a forgiving guy - and in the spirit of the season, here's what I propose: if he'll man up and reimburse wacko2k $350 (seems about right, yeah?) for the stuff that he made inaccurate statements about, I think we should collectively let him off the hook.

On the other hand, if he continues to be an evasive jerk, the reasonable thing to do would be to 1) post his first name and town (NOT last name or address), along with his handle, to all the boards we regularly haunt to let people know not to deal with this guy, and 2) file a police report for fraud (though that's up to you Wacko).

Thoughts?

file a police report for fraud (though that's up to you Wacko).

This is a common misunderstanding of criminal law. The legal description of fraud is someone INTENTIONALLY defrauding someone for monetary or social gain. In the case of Fraud, ignorance is an acceptable defense. Being that 3bond was all over the crank, and that particular thing occurred after the cases were closed up, he couldn't have known it was there, thus being his defense on the crank. For everything else, all he has to say is "I didn't know any better." and your case is done. What you and I consider common knowledge with these motors, many do not.

This would be a civil matter, and really your only legal option is filing a small claims suit against him. You would need to file the suit in his county of residence, or wherever the "contract" was broken, which would be where money was exchanged. Probably not worth your time.

Oh, and can we ease it on the cop bashing? LOL... The whole situation sucks, but not all of us are/were pieces of shit.

Yes, but in this case, he advertised the parts as in spec and the motor as running, which they are not and it is not by any reasonable standard. Furthermore, he says he bought the parts from people on this board and assembled them, which pretty much does in a claim of ignorance about what was inside the motor.

Which it to say, if it isn't criminal, it's close. I'd file the report and let the professionals decide - that is, after giving him a fair opportunity to make good.

This is a common misunderstanding of criminal law. The legal description of fraud is someone INTENTIONALLY defrauding someone for monetary or social gain. In the case of Fraud, ignorance is an acceptable defense. Being that 3bond was all over the crank, and that particular thing occurred after the cases were closed up, he couldn't have known it was there, thus being his defense on the crank. For everything else, all he has to say is "I didn't know any better." and your case is done. What you and I consider common knowledge with these motors, many do not.

This would be a civil matter, and really your only legal option is filing a small claims suit against him. You would need to file the suit in his county of residence, or wherever the "contract" was broken, which would be where money was exchanged. Probably not worth your time.

Oh, and can we ease it on the cop bashing? LOL... The whole situation sucks, but not all of us are/were pieces of shit.

Matt, thanks for clearing that up, but Im not the type to file a report/claim or whatever.. Was never a thought or a option as far as Im concerned..

Some money back would be nice though..

But, being that he hasn't answered a call or text makes it clear, its not gonna happen.

So, he may or may not have known what was done to the crank- Whats his excuse for everything else???

My opinion is, he was perfectly aware of what he was doing, clearly didn't care and its not the first time he has done this..

Pure ignorance-People like him should be banned from this site, this shouldn't be tolerated.

Members should have the option to make a bad deal right, If they choose not to, they should be BANNED..

Is this dude a friend of yours?