Priority list, building a screaming engine

Banshee-pile

Hello,

I want to have your help building my engine up, and also i think this might come in handy for all newcomers that like me want to spank the baby up a few horses LOL

I want to prioritize the steps needed to get more and more horses out of the stable.

What i have gotten out of this forum since i joined is the following steps that i will do now during this winter, and i need you guys to fill in the rest.. Thanks! :-)

First i will install a set om Toomey T6 pipes and a open filter with outerware.

I will use the DIY timing plate mod +4

I will install stage 2 reeds

I will do some porting

Mill out 030"

What should be my next step? Pistons, Carbs...?

Hello,

I want to have your help building my engine up, and also i think this might come in handy for all newcomers that like me want to spank the baby up a few horses LOL

I want to prioritize the steps needed to get more and more horses out of the stable.

What i have gotten out of this forum since i joined is the following steps that i will do now during this winter, and i need you guys to fill in the rest.. Thanks! :-)

I will do some porting

Mill out 030"

weld crank

cool-head

forged pistons (like wiseco pro-lites)

carbs

trans mods

it all depends on where you want your power at. Are you trying to do a drag motor or a trail motor or a dune motor?

also you may want to think about swapping your pipes as T6's work well with stock motors, and slightly modified motors....however most have not had good luck or seen good performance out of the t6's in a ported motor

weld crank

cool-head

forged pistons (like wiseco pro-lites)

carbs

trans mods

it all depends on where you want your power at. Are you trying to do a drag motor or a trail motor or a dune motor?

also you may want to think about swapping your pipes as T6's work well with stock motors, and slightly modified motors....however most have not had good luck or seen good performance out of the t6's in a ported motor

Thats a good reply, Thank you! I am building a track and trails motor, i want a broad band of pull.. I want to add some horses but not spend a fortune. 80 - 90+?

I hav luckily not bought the T6´s yet so this was good i got the asnwer before i did. What do you recommend? T5´s, FMF fattys, Pro circuit? ????

Alos what size carbs do you recommend? What cool heads? Domes etc?

Edited by Banshee-pile

holy shit....80-90hp.....without spending alot of money....

honestly to get those your going to have to work some magic with porting and exhuast combos. your gonna need to be in the 4mil crank area also. and now your talking replacing the crank, different pistons, port work to match the 4mil, bigger carbs, blah blah blah......... and RACE GAS. and it MAY pull from mid to top nicely.....but low is gonna be kinda hurt from all the work.

NOW.....if your trying to get 80-90hp and want it to pull all the way from the low then i would suggest contacting a site sponsor and talking to them about a 4mil serval. The serval cylinders are known for pulling all the way from low to the top top end and also make 80+ hp on PUMP GAS.

Thats a good reply, Thank you! I am building a track and trails motor, i want a broad band of pull.. I want to add some horses but not spend a fortune. 80 - 90+?

I hav luckily not bought the T6´s yet so this was good i got the asnwer before i did. What do you recommend? T5´s, FMF fattys, Pro circuit? ????

Alos what size carbs do you recommend? What cool heads? Domes etc?

your gonna have to spend atleast 2 grand for 80+ horsepower.

Ohh. okay, maybe 80+ Horses or so was a bit over the top then. But how much power do you think i would get out of the above stated then?

spending a grand or so is not a problem, as long as i dont have to spend it all right away :-) LOL

I guess what will happen is i spend some buchs every month until winter is over and then fire a tuned up engine for spring. At least that was the plan...

But as i have read in here, its easy to spend money on a shee.. there seems to be lots and lots of things you could spend money on :-) LOL

Edited by Banshee-pile

You can have your cylinders ported for T6 pipes. With T6´s, better filter, Boyesen reeds, +4 timing and shaved head with good tires and suspension will give you a happy and good running Trail-Banshee.

You have to remember that when the power goes up, you have to up-grade your clutch parts and so on.

-Pasi S.

Ohh. okay, maybe 80+ Horses or so was a bit over the top then. But how much power do you think i would get out of the above stated then?

spending a grand or so is not a problem, as long as i dont have to spend it all right away :-) LOL

I guess what will happen is i spend some buchs every month until winter is over and then fire a tuned up engine for spring. At least that was the plan...

But as i have read in here, its easy to spend money on a shee.. there seems to be lots and lots of things you could spend money on :-) LOL

no where near 80-90 hp probably high 40's to 50 something hp

Yeah i guess money is always an issue...

But i will go through with this and build it to last and to get an extra UMPH! :-)

This month i will look for pipes, as i said earlier i had a pair of T6´s from Finland that i was thinking about buying, but as it turns out, i will set for either a pair of Pro circuit or a pair of T5´s due to the fact i dont want to have to buy new pipes again due to the fact the engine turned out more powerful then i first expected.

I will order timingplate and reeds this month and filter with outerware. If i get a good deal on pipes i will go for that too..

next month i will get some porting and milling done by a local shop that are experts on dragracing machines (cars and motorcyces) They will get them done and also clean up the entire engine too. How much should i get it ported and milled? Mill 030"? anyone with pics and measures? Trails and track specs.

I will also order me some tranny parts and pistons.

Following month i will get new carbs and some other shit.. I want to spend some money on it, and i want to have a fun and reliable shee to run.

It's not the only way to go, but we just did this combo......

FMF FATTY pipes

V-Force 3 reeds

Chariot cool head with pump gas domes

4 mill crank

Vito's Super Stock pistons (simulates porting, only costs $200 US)

Stock carbs with 32.5 pilots and 300 mains

That combo made 63HP!! (It didn't even have the timing advanced!)

Not a bad number for doing that little. A stock style clutch works fine with it. Always room for race gas, more timing, 28 mm flat slides, nicer clutch.

We've had GREAT life out of that style Vito's piston. We've got one motor with over 80 hours on them. That motor is making 68HP. The owner is 3rd in points in the Megacross MX series, rides the track like an animal, blasts the Badlands, and was just with us for a long weekend of ripping around on the dunes.

It's not the only way to get to mid 60's in HP.......But you'll be hard pressed to do it for this little money.

Hello,

I will do some porting

Mill out 030"

just spend 2k and get a 4mil serval more than enough for a track quad and with some nice pipes and carbs people claim 80+hp now my story is differen i have a serval on alky so i cant really help you with what kind of power it makes on gaas cuz i could never get it tuned on gas