421 Serval w/R-2's vs Shearer Small Bore Dyno #'s

SuperMex

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^^ I agree with everything except for the tire choice and suspension. But like you said, its preference. I really think that with a 421, you are going to need bigger tires. That 421 will spin the shit out of those 20's and you wont hook up. As for your pipes figaro, It depends on what type of riding you do and where you want the power. Most common recccomendations are t-5's (mid all around), Paul Turner mids (low-mid), pc's(all around), cpi's (top end), shearers (top end), r-2's (mid and beyond), etc....Also i would say dont waste your money on elka's, they are ridiculously expensive. A good set of works will be a good starting point. I cant wait to see these dyno results. :cheers:

thank you all for your help with the modes i should do. i mentioned i ride my bike 80% dune 20 drag. I will start buying the parts some time next month and will post pictures of everything i get if possible. i will change the aarms (long travel not sure which brand yet)and swing arm axle +4 and suspension maybe fox evol. the engine will be Serval and i will buy a complete set of Hanson clutches. tires still not derided yet. rims will be the lightest possible for dunes so i guess 125 Douglas. carbs will be 35pwk and i want to have the cylinder dune ported. hydrolec clutch lever and some cool head lights speedometer with heat reading etc. larger radiator and maybe impeller. I think i like the trinity pips or the CPI, sheers.

so i am waiting to see how this serval turns out =) :cheers:

thank you all for your help with the modes i should do. i mentioned i ride my bike 80% dune 20 drag. I will start buying the parts some time next month and will post pictures of everything i get if possible. i will change the aarms (long travel not sure which brand yet)and swing arm axle +4 and suspension maybe fox evol. the engine will be Serval and i will buy a complete set of Hanson clutches. tires still not derided yet. rims will be the lightest possible for dunes so i guess 125 Douglas. carbs will be 35pwk and i want to have the cylinder dune ported. hydrolec clutch lever and some cool head lights speedometer with heat reading etc. larger radiator and maybe impeller. I think i like the trinity pips or the CPI, sheers.

so i am waiting to see how this serval turns out =) :cheers:

i just got my serval lona drove it today ...and it screams... i never even tuned it yet or jetted it ... plus i have the shitty t 5s on it wich is the worse pipes you can have on this kit

i have 30 mm carbs... wich i have a slight studder in the take off to mid.. i think i need bigger pilot ... we will see tommerw....withallthis it still runs way way better than my 406 vitto i had

I actually just received the motor in the mail today, I will start wrenching and putting it together tonight. Depending on time between the family and work i'll do my best to get pics and hopefully some dyno time done here real soon.

that's great news would like to know how it all turns out best of luck with your build :cheers: . i cant wait to start buying my engine parts i was on today eBay checking out some prices :drool:

be very careful buying from e-gay, i suggest talking to HJR first

thanks for the advice. i was going to buy the suspension from ebay and a arms. the engine will be from one of the forum sponsors.