421 Serval w/R-2's vs Shearer Small Bore Dyno #'s

SuperMex

I've got the same setup except I have 22cc domes. I'm still doing the break in and running R2 pipes and so far I love it. I plan on getting all broke in this weekend.

I can't wait to run these R-2s on this motor I know its going to scream.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

be neat to see the results of this one!

if thats you in your AVI yoru a scary dude!! if i was riding with ya i'd hope you were on our side ha!

ah and you dont change plugs on r-2..

Hahahaha Cam i'm the nicest guy you could ever meet. What do you mean by "change plugs" are you talking about spark plugs?

i am getting on eor the other the 421 cub or the serval 421..

so whats the differnce in them has anyone used both before

i have the 4mm crnak and 5 mm rod and crank from hot rod .

i am not near any dunes or flat grounds.

i do mostly hill climb and woods some slate dumps here n there.

i had a 406 vitto it blew up other day so now i want to try a 421of some sort.

what didnt like on the 406 was during a hill climb if i let off of the throttel and hit it again you could not get it back you eheter had to downshift or slip the clutch a lot....so that was a dislike

but iliked the rev mid range was asome...

so any advive on what kit i should get .

i am getting on eor the other the 421 cub or the serval 421..

so whats the differnce in them has anyone used both before

i have the 4mm crnak and 5 mm rod and crank from hot rod .

i am not near any dunes or flat grounds.

i do mostly hill climb and woods some slate dumps here n there.

i had a 406 vitto it blew up other day so now i want to try a 421of some sort.

what didnt like on the 406 was during a hill climb if i let off of the throttel and hit it again you could not get it back you eheter had to downshift or slip the clutch a lot....so that was a dislike

but iliked the rev mid range was asome...

so any advive on what kit i should get .

The cub will have a lightswitch "slingshot" feel to it. The serval has a smoother hitting powerband and a wider more forgiving powerband with slightly less top end. The serval will make you faster in the woods. If you find you're dropping below the powerband during hill climbs the serval will make you faster in that area too. Either the serval or the cub will pull a lot harder than that vitos junk.

So I took mine out today.... As I said before it's a 421 serval with 35mm air strikers and R-2 pipes. Let me tell the that bike is a blast. Super fast and very smooth. I can lug way down on the rpm and hit the gas and be right back on the pipe. And the pipes, man they just feel like they pull forever. This is pretty much the first time I've gotten it out besides breaking it in in my sub and all of it is new to me, cylinders carbs and pipes. Before I had a stock stroke stock port stock carbs with fmf fattys. This is a wayyyyy better setup. Anyone thinking about building one of these I wouldn't think twice.

So I took mine out today.... As I said before it's a 421 serval with 35mm air strikers and R-2 pipes. Let me tell the that bike is a blast. Super fast and very smooth. I can lug way down on the rpm and hit the gas and be right back on the pipe. And the pipes, man they just feel like they pull forever. This is pretty much the first time I've gotten it out besides breaking it in in my sub and all of it is new to me, cylinders carbs and pipes. Before I had a stock stroke stock port stock carbs with fmf fattys. This is a wayyyyy better setup. Anyone thinking about building one of these I wouldn't think twice.

have you rode a 421 cub.. how does it compare to the 421 serval. am gogin to order what i need tommere and from what i read i pretty sure i want the 421 serval..... but does i pull hard alll they way or just of the line

I haven't rode a cub but I can tell you you won't be disappointed with the serval. I raced my buddy with a 4mil long rod dune port and walked all over it. It pulls from as low in the rpm as you can get it all the way thru. I've kinda shity tires but I can brake them loose in just about every gear on cement.