421 Serval w/R-2's vs Shearer Small Bore Dyno #'s

SuperMex

Ok, I am putting together a 421 Serval this month and will be dynoing it with Shearer small bores vs R-2s. The Bike will be a 421 Serval bought from M&M atv with Hinson Spring Loaded Basket w/Straight cuts, F.A.S.T. Clutch, Cut trans but not full override, Shift Star Mod, Billet Impeller, Stock Gearing 14-41, 34mm PJ's w/6" pods, V-Force reeds, Boss Billet Intake w/ built in crossover, Fluidyne over sized Radiator, NOSS Head w/ 24cc Domes. That's all I can think of for now so I will dyno it and run a comparison on these two sets of pipes. I'll keep you guys posted on the build and eventually the Dyno #'s.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok, I am putting together a 421 Serval this month and will be dynoing it with Shearer small bores vs R-2s. The Bike will be a 421 Serval bought from M&M atv with Hinson Spring Loaded Basket w/Straight cuts, F.A.S.T. Clutch, Cut trans but not full override, Shift Star Mod, Billet Impeller, Stock Gearing 14-41, 34mm PJ's w/6" pods, V-Force reeds, Boss Billet Intake w/ built in crossover, Fluidyne over sized Radiator, NOSS Head w/ 24cc Domes. That's all I can think of for now so I will dyno it and run a comparison on these two sets of pipes. I'll keep you guys posted on the build and eventually the Dyno #'s.

Nice, I'll be following this thread closely.

I currently have a dune ported stock cylinder and have ran T5s and the R-2s on them and I can tell you the R-2s come on just as soon and pull hard and rev to the moon. I think they are a much better all around pipe than the T5s like a CPI but rev out longer than the CPIs. Now to see how they do on a Serval, should be fun.

NICE, I too will be following this thread.

On another note, how the heck do you change plugs with those R2's?

If the pipes are hot I wear gloves and I am very careful these babies get HOTTTTT, but if the pipes are cool its just as easy as with T5s just a different angle.

If the pipes are hot I wear gloves and I am very careful these babies get HOTTTTT, but if the pipes are cool its just as easy as with T5s just a different angle.

N I C E !

Now I really can't wait to see these results.

Make sure and have Andy at M&M cut you some new domes for the Serval cylinders.

I also imported this kit from Andy a week ago. Should be arriving next week! Can't wait, still need to buy all the clutch mods and stuff like that. Also ordered 24cc custom domes, Hopefully it's fine, I'm at sealevel. Are you running extended swingarm? What size dirt tires will you be using??

I've got the same setup except I have 22cc domes. I'm still doing the break in and running R2 pipes and so far I love it. I plan on getting all broke in this weekend.