Drag banshee bogging BAD

Ok Geniuses I need help. You know the theory about guys not wanting to ask for directions, Hell with that, I'm stumped.

Here's the specs.

10mm stroke, 68mm bore, Nate McCoy topend, 41.3 lectrons with pe-1s on alcohol, metering rods at 48, single power jets 6 turns out, stock ignition with +12 timing (that's what Nate said), b9es plugs gaped at 18, squish is what Nate said it should be.

This thing revs great in neutral like when you're cleaning it out, but put it in gear and take off, it bogs before you can even shift it. Stop and clean it back out, same thing. Plugs are not lean at all, maybe a little fat. Cylinder temps are around 108 both sides.

Things I've tried. Leak down test, good, 2 other sets of carbs, 40s and 39s, fuel pump and gravity, timing from 7 through 12, all new electronics and wiring, ground checks, different types of plugs and gap, new reeds, checked head o rings and who knows what else. I'm at a loss and I thought I was pretty good with these things.

Figure this out and I'll be buying a bunch beers for you at hq ride in waynoka.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic