high comp.,piped,=no wheelies?wtf..

damn guys ease it down a notch,i dont think his jetting is that far off,mopar 1 your a knowledgable guy and im sure you build some nice shit ,I just happen to tune alot of shees,I have a rolodex full of set-ups and final jetting numbers from over the years,at sea level he should be about 240-250 mains with the lid stock port,at his elevation its real close,i think its a blow by on tired rings or like you said possibly ignition

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to mention that with you calling everyone a fucktard this, or dickface that, I can tell your a little child. While your laying in bed, (after your mom just tucked you in), and your dreaming about how many more newspapers to deliver in order to buy the next new bolt on to your shee, I'm in my shop either on my lathe or mill, actually making my own performance parts, or porting my own stuff. I doubt you make your own heads/domes. I made a whole new custom billet head for my buddies razz moped.

wow.not trying to be an internet tough guy bud,i dont care what u do honestly.see,this is where asking a question gets people,dumb ass replies.just dont reply in my post anymore dude.i dont care what u have to say really.and im a little kid,really,ur buddy has a moped lol.i bet u built a stroker handmade for ur vespa huh.im done with this post,let the shit talking begin.cant believe this is the way it goes.

You are the only one talking shit. People come on here telling you to richen it up before you burn it to the ground and you say I know what rich feels like.

You obviously don't. Next time you want to ask a question search, or use your tiny little brain to think before you post!

Volcrano, how can you say that you're not trying to be an internet tough guy?....you were the one a few posts up, saying how you wanted to drill that guy (who was trying to help you) in his throat. Right away you wanna keyboard fight. And you keep saying how your question asked just gives you dumbass posts....well in all the replies in this topic, your the only one posting dumb comments and calling people stupid middle school names. And I mentioned the billet moped head I made, to give you an idea of the type of guy I am. I'm not your average "grease the a-arms and change engine oil" kind of guy. I'm above that and know a thing or two, so when I post to try and help you out, which other members have tried to do as well, don't be so quick to call us the "fucktard". Instead you should listen. You say that your not a child, but your posts are indicating that you're in like middle school or something. You say that you don't care what I post, or what help I have to offer......I thought you were on here looking for help?? So, I guess you know more than me and other members on here, so I guess you'll have your shee up and running great in no time. I bet right now my bud's moped does better wheelies than your "volcrano tuned" banshee :)

I give it a few rides and it'll burn down from being to lean lol and arguing over the net is like the special olympics... no one wins. So if you don't wanna take the advice they have go some where else.

First off, watch the grammar police.

Second, if you're going to tell the guys that they are basically wrong for telling you that you're lean (and I know you are), then you must be smart enough to just figure the shit for yourself.

FYI, I rejetted a banshee for a guy locally. He had 220 mains w/fmf fatty pipes and it wouldn't wheelie. I put in 27.5 pilots and 310 mains and his would wheelie, in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. Moral of the story.....YOU'RE TOO FUCKING LEAN!!!!

LMAO

ive only tuned one other piped banshee before but i ran into the exact same problem, piped with 230 jets and it seemed to run fine but when i ported the lid and rejetted mains to 280 it was a totally different animal. try it out and report back.

ive only tuned one other piped banshee before but i ran into the exact same problem, piped with 230 jets and it seemed to run fine but when i ported the lid and rejetted mains to 280 it was a totally different animal. try it out and report back.

update,after gettin some info from sleeper06,i ended up pulling the jugs to find the rings are way worn.so,it must have good kicking compression,but since the rings werent sealing properly,leaking compression while running,under loads,etc.blowby must have been a major contributor to the extreme rich condition,so time for a top end.so,to all of the guys who tell me im lean,and i say no im not,then i say when i richen it,it runs worse,im glad i ride a "volcrano tuned" banshee.cuz some of u think when ur shits running rich,u add bigger jets lmfao.who knows,i might have to upjet after rebuild now,ill have to check plugs,how it pulls,this and that,but it was rich,which i stated in the 2nd post and started getting flack beacause of it.well,sleeper06 put the symptoms together and i thank him for helping me figure out what was up,and not posting dumb shit like "ur shits gonna blow up".glad u guys arent working on my shit,prob wouldnt make it out of the driveway. :yank:

update,after gettin some info from sleeper06,i ended up pulling the jugs to find the rings are way worn.so,it must have good kicking compression,but since the rings werent sealing properly,leaking compression while running,under loads,etc.blowby must have been a major contributor to the extreme rich condition,so time for a top end.so,to all of the guys who tell me im lean,and i say no im not,then i say when i richen it,it runs worse,im glad i ride a "volcrano tuned" banshee.cuz some of u think when ur shits running rich,u add bigger jets lmfao.who knows,i might have to upjet after rebuild now,ill have to check plugs,how it pulls,this and that,but it was rich,which i stated in the 2nd post and started getting flack beacause of it.well,sleeper06 put the symptoms together and i thank him for helping me figure out what was up,and not posting dumb shit like "ur shits gonna blow up".glad u guys arent working on my shit,prob wouldnt make it out of the driveway. :yank:

wanker....

volcrano i replied to your pm.....

If you pull 150psi on your compression gauge, which is "cranking psi", and your engine starts fine cold, you DO NOT have worn rings. You do know that when the engine is running, there is more psi (running psi) than when just cranking it over with your foot?? I'd like to see these chocolate marks on the cylinders. Scuff marks in 4 corners can mean detonation is occuring, from extremely high combustion temps, from lean jetting. if you want to look for blow by, which every engine will have some, as no rings seal 100%, you will see the chocolate color on the sides of the piston, from the oil burning to them. I highly doubt its the rings. Maybe the clutch is slipping some?? Maybe an ignition issue?? Hard to say without me there seeing/hearing it run and driving it.

Prime example of worn rings, are the Ski-doo series 3 motors, that would take many pulls to start, when leaving the bar, but they would run just fine once running. See, the rings wouldn't seal enough when just pulling/cranking the engine over, but when running the pipe can "supercharge" the cylinder and you have the compression gases pushing the rings against the cylinder wall for sealing, and it would have enough compression then to run fine.

Edited by mopar1rules

volcrano i replied to your pm.....

If you pull 150psi on your compression gauge, which is "cranking psi", and your engine starts fine cold, you DO NOT have worn rings. You do know that when the engine is running, there is more psi (running psi) than when just cranking it over with your foot?? I'd like to see these chocolate marks on the cylinders. Scuff marks in 4 corners can mean detonation is occuring, from extremely high combustion temps, from lean jetting. if you want to look for blow by, which every engine will have some, as no rings seal 100%, you will see the chocolate color on the sides of the piston, from the oil burning to them. I highly doubt its the rings. Maybe the clutch is slipping some?? Maybe an ignition issue?? Hard to say without me there seeing/hearing it run and driving it.

Prime example of worn rings, are the Ski-doo series 3 motors, that would take many pulls to start, when leaving the bar, but they would run just fine once running. See, the rings wouldn't seal enough when just pulling/cranking the engine over, but when running the pipe can "supercharge" the cylinder and you have the compression gases pushing the rings against the cylinder wall for sealing, and it would have enough compression then to run fine.

mopar,i know this hasnt been the nicest conversation thru the whole toppic and i really must say after all of the mouth that has gone on,i have no bad blood with anybody.i know people post from what they know and try to help.i got a little ridiculous and i apologize for my language and whatever.im only trying to get to the bottom of the problem.there is still some whatever posts from people that just have nothing good to say.i understand what u are saying and appreciate we are back on a technical level so thank u for that.i understand everything u are saying,but the jugs have been pulled and the rings are way out of factory tolerance.rebuild time.