high comp.,piped,=no wheelies?wtf..

Well, now that the horse has been bludgeoned to death.... twice.... I'll post up my experience.

Stock motor .020 over, 3000', fmf fatties, vf2 reeds, +4 timing.................

If memory serves correctly this is ABOUT the same as what you were running, correct?

I had 270 mains, at 3000 feet..... with the lid.....AT 3000 FEET.

Honestly man you really cant always go by the spark plugs alone. Ive been a banshee owner for a little over a year, but have had extensive 2-stroke dirt bike experience prior. I can tell you right off your motor needs to be rebuilt..now... but you already know this. Additionally, IMHO you were way lean. I know all bikes are different, but there's ALOT of experience here, and almost EVERYONE is telling you that you were lean. I honestly wish you would have run it with the 280's just to see where you would be. I would stake my spot-less, untarnished (bwa ha ha) reputation it would have woken up.

Either way, leave the "fucktard" "cock-sucker" bull shit on the playground. That is really childish, and its THAT EXACT stuff that makes people shy from helping someone.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

i know what rich is and what lean is.i know how it sounds and what it feels like.just by looking at the plugs,when they are wet and black,its rich,so its not going to blow up.its had this jetting since i bought it when it had a dynoport 2 in 1 that i changed to twins..pretty sure if it hasnt blown up in the years its been like that,its not going to now.i going to pull the lid and throw in 280s.the bike has the lid on now,so 230 is not a lean jetting with a lid,ill post pics of a wfo plug if u like.the question i really wanted to know was will it wake upp that much adding more fuel and air.i know it definately will,just dont know how much.i mean,its been so long since ive ridden just a piped and headed banshee,are they supposed to pick up easy lol?my 4mm is retarded and u cant keep the front down,but this aint that lol.its fast,it will pick up like a foot lol.ill just add the fuel and air and report back.i dont really wanna do a rebuild on it quite yet.according to noss on a fresh rebuild with 20cc at 1300 it should have 155.not bad for what it has being 15 years old on original bore and piston.i still saw some hash marks on cyl. when i pulled head.this bike was never abused and i dont think it has many hours on it.thanks fellas.

dynoport 2 into1 exhaust require almost no jetting they are pretty much stock performance but with a smoother power curve i was gonna by 1 until the guy at dyno port himself told me there not much better than stock

Just some more food for thought. my shee, head milled 25 thousandths, DMC 916 pipes, stock carbs w/ lid. My elevation 1200Ft. 270 mains and runs like a raped ape and pulls front tires at will.

same machine at st anthony sand dunes (4500ft). 270s ran wayyy to rich. 240s were so lean it would cut out on long climbs. 250s is where it likes. banshees will run even when too lean, but that doesnt mean its good for it. hope you fix your shee before it goes boom.