Shipping to Canada

For those of you who ship back and forth across the border as much as I seem to have over the last year, heade this advice.

UPS is a fucking scam, ship only with USPS, unless one or the other demands UPS. I have had two deliveries in the past month come from the states via UPS, and both times they have dinged me with a brokerage fee (on top of the shipping fee and cost of the product), that ends up making the part purchased, into an overpriced item. This time it was for a shock that cost me $70 including shipping to get it here, then they show up and ask for an additional $56.98 to be paid on the spot, they call it a brokerage fee.

USPS has never asked me for a brokerage fee, and as long as the sender marks it as a gift, Ive never been asked for duty either.

When purchasing, I always cover the paypal fees, in exchange for the seller marking it as a gift to avoid any hassles.

There are quiet a few places in Washington just over the border from Vancouver that will collect packages for you for $2.50 each. I just use the free shipping in the US option and drive over the border and pick up my stuff. Only been asked to pay taxes once so far. way cheaper than paying for shipping to Canada.

There are quiet a few places in Washington just over the border from Vancouver that will collect packages for you for $2.50 each. I just use the free shipping in the US option and drive over the border and pick up my stuff. Only been asked to pay taxes once so far. way cheaper than paying for shipping to Canada.

ya me too i've done couple of time, i lived in quebec, (it's near vermont custom), and my uncle have a countryhouse in vermont, so i ship my parts overthere and then pick them up or my uncle bring it back to quebec.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah shipping anything from the states up to us through UPS is fricken retarded. Back when I used to buy a lot of banshee parts, and today with all my truck parts I try to get USPS as much as possible. Sometimes though it just doesn't happen and I end up paying a 1/4 of the product's price or more....blows big time.