Stock motor-Trick suspension

CoolRaptor2001

Hey, iam currently working on paying my dirtbike off so I can get a banshee and got a few quesitons for everyone :lol:

Iam going to try to get a stock shee and was wondering if a just a stock or maybe a piped motor, but with a good suspension (I.E. a-arms, axles, shocks, etc) would be competitive in motocross stuff? Most of the people here race 400ex's but i havent been to the track since the new predator and yfz came out.

in my opinion...if you are going to be riding mainly on a track...get a 4 stroke. You can race competitivly with a banshee, but it takes a more skilled rider. Im not sure of your riding level, so thats up to you. My banshee is set up for mx, but it does take a lot more to hang with the modded 400's. Dont get me wrong, i win (sometimes), and i wouldnt trade my shee for anything. Im just giving my honest opinion. If you do go the banshee route, get a good low-mid pipe and you'll be good. Like PT or LRD, also ive been looking at motofasts...whats everyones opinion on those pipes?

Ive many a 2 strokes in my life and I would prefer the banshee to say a 400ex anyday (not for handling but more the motor). Iam gonna try to go for the banshee route if i can afford it. The local track here is a good track for a banshee also, it has a giant straightaway in it where the 2strokes pull away easly.

Iam just wondering if the stock motor piped motor would be able to keep up with the modded 4strokes. Because I would rather dump my money into suspension first rather than the motor because the motor isent all that slow.

:)

speed wise...hell no the 4 stokes cant keep up. They just have the advantage on the lowend mainly. Thats why you get a good pipe. And possible some head mods (can be done pretty cheap). Your exactly right, the bike is damn sure fast enough...its getting the power to the ground. Suspension wise your on the right track...just get the usual, shocks, wider a arms, axle, and shorten your swingarm. This is where the "power to the ground" factor is. It will give you a lot less tire spin, coming out of corners is like BLAM!!! Just dont forget nerfbars!

ive heard alot about shortening the swingarm, does it realy help out that much? I would think it would wheelie constantly like my cousins 285 blaster does. If someone were to shorten the swinging should they get +1 forward a-arms or keep stock and just get wider? In the far far far future I want to get either the cheap 420 big bore or the expensive 421PV, would the -2 swingarm be bad then?

Anyone know of some money trees I can go to and get some extra cash to pay off my bike? :lol:

Thanks for replying by the way :D

Iam just wondering if the stock motor piped motor would be able to keep up with the modded 4strokes. Because I would rather dump my money into suspension first rather than the motor because the motor isent all that slow.

You shouldn't have a problem keeping up, and you have the right intentions w/the suspension, arm, & axle mods....especially for MX. From what I've always heard you're better off with suspension mods than motor mods 1st when mx'n. Then lots of practice, some more practice, and a bit more practice getting familiar w/the shee, then just a hair more practice, and you're good to go! :wink: Did I forget to mention practice? hehe

My shee is completely stock (except for tires and nerfs and other stuff that doesn't really matter on the track performance wise) and I do pretty good. I'm replacing a-arms and all around shocks this next weekend. Janssen mx tech and elka shocks, revalved rear shock. Most guys at my track run 400ex's also. It's a real tight track and I keep up just fine with everybody. And everybody keeps up just fine with me :)

All iam gonna do to the motor is probably get the Trinity pipes since they are all-around pipes, then iam gonna get most of the usual suspension parts, I wanna run the Works shocks (the cheap ones) with or without rezzies not sure yet, depends on my wallet lol. Then eventualy ill get more motor parts from trinity because I personally think there motors are pretty quick but some people think otherwise.

All i gotta do now is save up for the pay off on my dirtbike, interest rate on this thing is nasty! bike cost 3500 at stealership but were paying 4900 because of interest :shock: :shock:

All iam gonna do to the motor is probably get the Trinity pipes since they are all-around pipes, then iam gonna get most of the usual suspension parts, I wanna run the Works shocks (the cheap ones) with or without rezzies not sure yet, depends on my wallet lol. Then eventualy ill get more motor parts from trinity because I personally think there motors are pretty quick but some people think otherwise.  

All i gotta do now is save up for the pay off on my dirtbike, interest rate on this thing is nasty! bike cost 3500 at stealership but were paying 4900 because of interest  :shock:  :shock:

if your gonna go with the cheap works, why spend extra on the rezzie? and the trinity stuff is pricey as hell, maybe hold off on the pipe, put what you would have spent on the pipe and works together and get great shocks cause all the motor mods wont get you around the track faster if you cant hang on.....

You'll be suprised what a set of V-force reeds and A set of PaulTurner low-mid pipes can do, next step would be advaced timing or Dyna ignition, raised compression would be a plus too...

Suspension? That's a different story(depends on how much $ you want to spend, you get what you pay for).

Goodluck, Moto

Hmm, ok thanks again guys :)

I was planning on making it as cheap as possible aside from the + a-arms and all because even after I pay my bike off ill only be making like 80 something a week (dont have a real job, cant drive, and live in the middle of nowere)

The Elkas that BLue has are sweet but way to pricy for me :cry:

Oh well, right now i gotta focus on gettin a shee before i can buy stuff for it ;)

• 1 month later...

: YOUR ONTHE RIGHT TRACK,SHOCKS,A-ARMS. YOU CAN GET OFFSET RIMS FOR THE REAR TO WIDEN IT . ALSO SPROCKET.REGEAR IT ,IT HAS TONS OF TOP END.YOU GOTA GET SOME BOTTOM.I'VE RUN 14 TO 12 TOOTH ON THE FRONT AND 40 TO 42 ON THE REAR. 12-40 GIVES YOU A 3.33 GEAR RATIO,IT SEEMS TO WORK FOR ME.THAT IS 2 LOWER THAN STOCK.I'VE BEEN RACING 400 WITH BIG BORE KITS AND 450.IN SECOND IT COMES OFF THE START WITH THEM AND SOMETIMES PULLS HOLESHOT.YOU WILL HAVE TO FIGURE OUT WHAT GEARS SUIT YOU.SUSPENTION IS THE WAY TO GO,YOU GOT TO CONTROL IT SO YOU CAN USE THE POWER IT'S GOT.PRO CURCIT PIPES AND CARBON FIBER REEDS AREN'T BAD EITHER.