best tires for snow?

MNPK

i live on long island,ny...only get snow a few times a year but would like to have a descent set of tires(i have extra rims already) for the snow bc ive heard banshees power with the stock wheels usually have alot of traction issues...any help will be appreciated..thanks

paddles! or for some packed snowy icy roads, make some snow tires with studs? ive never tried the stud thing, so i dont know if it works that well. or some sno-mads

the 4snows look great just wondering if they will hold up to small amounts of snow like 3-4"s just dont wanna get them an they get torn up if i hit some pavement

the 4snows look great just wondering if they will hold up to small amounts of snow like 3-4"s just dont wanna get them an they get torn up if i hit some pavement

They are a 2 ply tire. They are kind of baloony. If you run them in snow you will be fine. There isnt a tire out here that works in deep snow because you get high centered. The tire is soft rubber so it will wear. The soft ruber wears better at low temps because the cold makes the rubber hard. So if you have a tire that is not made to be run in winter they get rock hard in the cold. So if run a winter tire in the summer it will wear a lot faster than it should. People who do dirt / clay drag racing run the 4 snows, and pro wedge 2's. If there is snow on the ground I wouldnt worry about it. Even if it is patchy.

• 2 weeks later...

ok found a great deal on 4snows just want to know if its the right size for a stock rear banshee rim

Maxxis Rear 4-Snow 22x10-8 Tire

$49 each plus $19 shipping...under $100 for the set brand new...where everyone else wants $79 + a tire

ok found a great deal on 4snows just want to know if its the right size for a stock rear banshee rim

$49 each plus $19 shipping...under $100 for the set brand new...where everyone else wants $79 + a tire

Where did you find them that cheap? I wasn't real interested in buying snow tires but that prices isn't bad at all.

No the factory rim is 9in not 8. I dont think you can get 4 snow's in a 9 in rim.