To Cool head or not to cool head?!?

Is a cool head worth it. if so what are the pos and neg. What cc domes do i need have fresh top end, port, polish, bored just over stock, carbon fiber reeds, spacers, trinity 2 to 1 carb and fmf fatty gold pipes.

post-35987-12739002833806_thumb.jpg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think there a great investment. You can add one at anytime. The domes you run depend on your elevation all your mods and the type of fuel you choose to run. I have the modquad one piece head on mine and also carry them. I have a great package deal for members with head, domes, orings and acorn nuts. 4 colors to choose also. The one piece head uses the stock studs and offers 335 more coolent capacity which in turn means better cooling and better performance.

You will get alot of opinions on this topic as well as a few modquad haters. In my opinion most of the one peice heads are all very very similar. The pro design is a 2 piece and some argue they are the best. If you do go with a pd head you will need to buy special studs since the stock ones wont work. they run about $35-$40. Its all a matter of choice and opinion really. I have always ran one and have never had a problem with it.

Hit me up anytime.

I run a modquad head from Alfie with 18cc domes on 100LL Aviation gas, couldn't be happier. The power I noticed was spread out through the band, it started pulling ALOT harder than stock head on pump gas. I'm happy with it, and it I feel a bit better with the cooling increase over stock head.

You cant go wronge with a coolhead. Im running a trinity on mine i like it because you can run stock studs and you don't have as many o-rings to mess with like the pro design. As stated your dome size will depend on what fuel and compresion you want.

Noss Machine Head is a 2 pice head that uses stock studs, best of both worlds. A 2 pice head is better because it allows you to visually check the alignment of the domes. You can set a dome on each cylinder then slide the outer shell on. Line the domes up with locating finger in the outer shell. Then slide the top cover on and button it up.

With the one pice head you have to try to keep the domes and o rings in place while you install the whole assembly.

Noss Machine Head is a 2 pice head that uses stock studs, best of both worlds. A 2 pice head is better because it allows you to visually check the alignment of the domes. You can set a dome on each cylinder then slide the outer shell on. Line the domes up with locating finger in the outer shell. Then slide the top cover on and button it up.

With the one pice head you have to try to keep the domes and o rings in place while you install the whole assembly.

Actually the one piece heads have a small notch in them that the dome will sit in and allow u to put the head on very easily.

Like I mentioned theres many opinions on heads and everyone has there favorite and everyone has one they dislike. No need to give false info about the ones that are disliked though. :shrugani:

Yea but trying to get custom domes from trinity would be a big head ach, they cant get anything right, let alone doing custom work.

Now that I do agree with you on. Finally..... something we both agree on. lol.

I don't know that it cools more over the stock head, never seen proof. Gotta love the option to change domes in order to increase/decrease compression.

I assemble the complete Noss head with spark plugs installed. I hold then entire assembly by the spark plugs and just drop it in place.

Yea but trying to get custom domes from trinity would be a big head ach, they cant get anything right, let alone doing custom work.

I agree with you booker. I just ordered a set of 18cc 4mill domes from them, got them put on and couldn't even kick it because it had so much compression. Done a compression test and it was over 300psi per cylinders, sent them back to the builder I ordered them from (he was a dealer for trinity) and they were 14 or 15cc. He had to recut them to make them rite.

Save your money. The 0-ring kits are like $20 If you want to buy other domes they are $60. I seriously doubt there is any increase in cooling. I had a pro design cool head and noticed 0 change on my CRJ digital temp gauge when changing from a cool head to stock head (engine ice did really lower temp) If you want more compression have your stock head milled. I run a modquad cool head and other than expensive 0-rings and expensive domes it has not given me any trouble.