What should be my first mod?

As title states. Should I just save up for a pipe? Im thinking of saving for an LRD pipe. There about 700ish. But besides that, what should I get? bost bottle? Intake? I want it to be a pretty reliable, but quick and "cheap". I am a big car enthusiast so I spend more $/Time on my cars, so this is like a 2nd toy. I dont wanna go crazy all at once on mods. But i was looking at def getting a pipe. But i seen a boost bottle today. Good for stock banshee? Or no?

Are FMF pipes good?

And does the stock exhuast have a silencer? I need some noise til i get a pipe

fmf pipes are really a good pipe. there are much better choices if you do alot of draggin and want a top end pipe,but you said its a "second toy" so fmf's will probably siut you just fine. the fatties are more a low-mid pipe but still have a decent top and can be picked up used very reasonably. good luck without going crazy on mods,,,once you start it gets very addictive.....

I'm running fatty's on mine. I've ridden bikes with toomeys and I prefer the fattys for the sound they produce and the way they ride. You can do other mods without pipes, but you won't really get any benefits out of them until you upgrade your pipes and rejet accordingly. When you change pipes you will have to rejet your carbs..it's still easy though.

hey man i was in the same boat as you a few weeks ago. i put FMF Fatty pipes with power core 2 silencers and K&N pod filters with outerwears. then rejet the carbs and i must say, this thing is like a whole different animal. the FMF pipes are great alot of people talk bad about them but there is no reason to, if it wasnt for FMF alot of these other companies wouldnt be around. i also spend all my money on my 99 ford lightning but i had to make the banshee alittle faster so i can take my buddy on his new YFZ 450. just have fun with it!

I was lucky enugh for my bike to have come with the pro circuits, and I gotta say that I love the sound and the performance. Do your self a favour though, and make your first purchase for the bike a Haynes or a Clymer manual, it will become your bible for sure. Stay away from the boost bottle, it will rip the carb side of your intakes and lean your bike out without you knowing it and possibly KABOOM, nobody wants that. Oh and X2 on the good luck with lightly modifying it, its addictive alright.

Pipes, advance the timing +4, if its a dune bike ditch the airbox and get some pods. If its a trail bike ditch the lid and get a breathable lid. After that coolhead, port job, carbs. You can also put on one of the Vitos superstock piston kits I carry for a cheap noticeable HP gain. Its a alternitive to porting if funds dont allow for a full blown port job. I think there great personally and have installed many of them. I can hook you up with all the stuff you need or help you get a plan on the way you want to build your bike. I happen to have a set of toomey t5's for sale also. When your ready to port it, hit up one of our other site sponsors. We have some of the best in the bus. Welcome to your new addiction dude. Hit me up anytime. :headbang:

It depends on the type of riding you do. Pipes/ filter compression should be your first 2 mods.

Cheapest way to more compression is shaving your stock head by .03-.04. A cool head will get ya a small percentage more hp and more tuning options down the road but will be around 4x the cost.

If you have a lightning I assume you like to drag race and if so i'd suggest a set of cpi, shearer or the new r-2 pipes.

Cpis are big and will burn your legs constantly if you ride hard w/ shorts. Shearers make big hp but have zero bottom end and crappy chrome.

If I were you and didn't ride a lot of tight trails, and planned on dragging, i'd go for the new r-2 pipes. They are an updated model of a proven big hp pipe and have good reviews so far.

When you get serious (which you will) a port job will be your next priority.