Banshee gear/clutch oil

MKIII_96

so i tried the search and didnt come up with anything. im a newb to this site and a newb to banshees. i just bought an 87 banshee off my gf sisters ex bf lol and it need some work. the gear case oil is super black and looks like it might have some water in it too. i was readin around on the internet to see what kind of oil gos in there and found out it was 10w30, but then there were people sayin that type f is probably the best thing you can put in there.

so my question is 10w30 or type f?

thanks

so i tried the search and didnt come up with anything. im a newb to this site and a newb to banshees. i just bought an 87 banshee off my gf sisters ex bf lol and it need some work. the gear case oil is super black and looks like it might have some water in it too. i was readin around on the internet to see what kind of oil gos in there and found out it was 10w30, but then there were people sayin that type f is probably the best thing you can put in there.

so my question is 10w30 or type f?

thanks

Use Klotz Flex Drive 30. It is what I use and me bike shifts the best with it and there is no metal in the oil when I drain it ou. I have used motor oil, ATF type F and the BelRay GearSaver and Honda tranny oils and the Klotz works the best. When I used motor oil and ATF my bike did not shift very good and when I drained it there was glitter in the oil, I split the cases and could find nothing wrong, put it back together and it still would do it.. I tried the gearsaver and it was OK, but my dealer quit carrying it. I then tried the Honda oil and my bike shifted like crap with it. I was then told about Klotz and have been using it ever since. I have nevere lost a bearing or gear because of oil aand I have never welded a cluthball in any of my bikes either.

I would also recomend Klotz Flex Drive 30. It stays clean for quite a while. I would go get 4 quarts of Automatic Transmission Fluid Type F. Flush the transmission out 2 times if it is super nasty. Just dump 2 quarts in no need to be exact. Ride it around a couple of miles then dump it.

That way you have a nice clean transmission, and dont ruin good fluid.

Use Klotz Flex Drive 30. It is what I use and me bike shifts the best with it and there is no metal in the oil when I drain it ou. I have used motor oil, ATF type F and the BelRay GearSaver and Honda tranny oils and the Klotz works the best. When I used motor oil and ATF my bike did not shift very good and when I drained it there was glitter in the oil, I split the cases and could find nothing wrong, put it back together and it still would do it.. I tried the gearsaver and it was OK, but my dealer quit carrying it. I then tried the Honda oil and my bike shifted like crap with it. I was then told about Klotz and have been using it ever since. I have nevere lost a bearing or gear because of oil aand I have never welded a cluthball in any of my bikes either.

I forgot to say that I don't have a pancake bearing in any of my bikes and have never welded a clutch ball. But, I am going to put pancake bearings in my next builld to be safe.

ATF Type-F. I get the Walmart brand at $2.67 per quart and it makes my shee shift like a dream. Doesn't last very long though but at that price you're still saving money and getting the same if not better performance as the more expensive stuff like Klotz and Belray etc..

• 2 weeks later...

Klotz flex drive all the way.

I got my bike used from someone i know. He handed me half bottle of coolant and some honda oil that had less then 1/4 bottle left. I stated u changed fluids he said yes. I knew he changed radiator fluid because he had the old radiator ther will hole in it. (I got knew rad and he installed). I take bike home rode it 2 tanks of gas then on 3rd tank (this was over 2 weeks time, not 3 tanks one day) the bottom end started really squeling like a banshee. I ended up checking and ther was no oil on dipstick ( i like a dumba** went over the whole bike before rode it, the only thing i failed to check was oil cuz he handed me that bottle.

So i pull drain plug, out comes less then 1/4 qt of metal flake grey syrup. Worst burnt smell ever.

Flushed with little bit of klotz then filled it. Started bike by the time the motor warmed up the noise left the bike.

Drained the klotz (didnt look bad)

Filled with klotz, Bike runs good no noise. No clutch slipping.

I got the full synthetic klotz 20-50 for my 07klx110, runs beautiful, shifts great bike pulls hard.

Ive ran the gearsaver for years i do like that oil but when i went for the klotz i will pay the extra money for that little reassurance.