Shearer 2 into 1 Dune Pipe

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

im pretty intested in this, how much HP does it make on a completely stock banshee?

I will take on the responsibility of not updating the thread

I have a stock banshee to run the pipes on to show the power curve and torque curve.....

The pipe is not going to have the peak numbers that a two pipe set up would have, however it was made to bring up the front side of the power curve for the trails guys..

I will establish a base line power curve with the pipe and then move on to small changes to the engine.....

This is by no means a drag pipe

Again I do apologize for the long delay

I can have the dyno charts up in a few weeks

I will take on the responsibility of not updating the thread

I have a stock banshee to run the pipes on to show the power curve and torque curve.....

The pipe is not going to have the peak numbers that a two pipe set up would have, however it was made to bring up the front side of the power curve for the trails guys..

I will establish a base line power curve with the pipe and then move on to small changes to the engine.....

This is by no means a drag pipe

Again I do apologize for the long delay

I can have the dyno charts up in a few weeks

I by no means trust you or your dyno numbers. You run stuff so lean on the dyno to squeeze out max hp that you blow up motors when they get sent out the door. That is all your ever worried about is max hp, and thats not how you tune a low-mid setup. I guarantee you that pro circuits and a few other twin pipes will beat out this pipe on the low end, so in my eyes you dont have to bother.

I would really love a single pipe with an upper end powerband, I am intrested in this for one simple reason Racing flattrack we are crouched down on the left side of the bike. I run the PTR pipes because they are tucked up in the front area of the bike leaving alot of room in the back for my knee. This would eliminate the leeg burning aspect of the banshee. But if they cant match the ptr pipes wiht a 2into1 its not worth looking at.

I would really love a single pipe with an upper end powerband, I am intrested in this for one simple reason Racing flattrack we are crouched down on the left side of the bike. I run the PTR pipes because they are tucked up in the front area of the bike leaving alot of room in the back for my knee. This would eliminate the leeg burning aspect of the banshee. But if they cant match the ptr pipes wiht a 2into1 its not worth looking at.

This pipe was originally setup for a turbo. The Moto Fast/Dyno Port was the only pipe available prior to this.

Call Matt Shearer yourself and ask him your best bet.

It's possible he'll build you a hand coned pipe that tucks in better....

• 2 weeks later...

I by no means trust you or your dyno numbers. You run stuff so lean on the dyno to squeeze out max hp that you blow up motors when they get sent out the door. That is all your ever worried about is max hp, and thats not how you tune a low-mid setup. I guarantee you that pro circuits and a few other twin pipes will beat out this pipe on the low end, so in my eyes you dont have to bother.

That's exactly what happened, leaned it out so much & it went boom! banghead