28mm carbs

ECshee

So ive been reading and trying to figure out if theres any difference between a regular 28mm keihin carb and a 28mm pwk? theres a local sale on a pair for $150, and i think i want them. Ive been told my mods will support 28's, and i think its a good deal on legit keihin's, and not oko's...but i cant get 28 or 30mm oko's for the same price if not less.

there is a 28mm keihin roundslide carb which is not a pwk carb.the pwk keihin is the flatslide "d" carb.the gain is a crisper throttle response,thats about it.are you going to notice,prob not.finding parts,prob easier on the pwk,and more tuning info on this site from people that run them.if i was gonna get 28s get the pwk flatslides,if not,save money and bore stockers to 28,as you prob already have an assortment of jets.mikuni jets wont go in a keihin.personally,no shit,the thailand carbs from keihin,being as they are fake,are way better casted and constructed than the real keihin.the only difference is the thailand carbs have different main jets and needle jets than a serialized keihin,so in order to get accurate parts for a pwk you would have to switch alot to get a real pwk.i just am salty with the way u spend $300 on 28 real pwks and you get a shit casting and plastic idle screws.fuck that shit.plastic?!really!!!!!!the thailand carbs come with cast screws which is at least way better than the real pwk.its a coin flip.

there is a 28mm keihin roundslide carb which is not a pwk carb.the pwk keihin is the flatslide "d" carb.the gain is a crisper throttle response,thats about it.are you going to notice,prob not.finding parts,prob easier on the pwk,and more tuning info on this site from people that run them.if i was gonna get 28s get the pwk flatslides,if not,save money and bore stockers to 28,as you prob already have an assortment of jets.mikuni jets wont go in a keihin.personally,no shit,the thailand carbs from keihin,being as they are fake,are way better casted and constructed than the real keihin.the only difference is the thailand carbs have different main jets and needle jets than a serialized keihin,so in order to get accurate parts for a pwk you would have to switch alot to get a real pwk.i just am salty with the way u spend $300 on 28 real pwks and you get a shit casting and plastic idle screws.fuck that shit.plastic?!really!!!!!!the thailand carbs come with cast screws which is at least way better than the real pwk.its a coin flip.

my idle screws on my pwk 28's are not plastic,,,maybe they have switched recently or something :confused:

if i was gonna get 28s get the pwk flatslides,if not,save money and bore stockers to 28,as you prob already have an assortment of jets.mikuni jets wont go in a keihin.personally,no shit,the thailand carbs from keihin,being as they are fake,are way better casted and constructed than the real keihin.the only difference is the thailand carbs have different main jets and needle jets than a serialized keihin,so in order to get accurate parts for a pwk you would have to switch alot to get a real pwk.i just am salty with the way u spend $300 on 28 real pwks and you get a shit casting and plastic idle screws.fuck that shit.plastic?!really!!!!!!the thailand carbs come with cast screws which is at least way better than the real pwk.its a coin flip.

x2 ON BOREING THE STOCK ONES. x2 PLASTIC IDLE SCREWS.

SEND YOUR STOCKERS TO CASCADE AND BE DONE.

post-28180-1270453078193_thumb.jpg

if i was gonna get 28s get the pwk flatslides,if not,save money and bore stockers to 28,as you prob already have an assortment of jets.mikuni jets wont go in a keihin.personally,no shit,the thailand carbs from keihin,being as they are fake,are way better casted and constructed than the real keihin.the only difference is the thailand carbs have different main jets and needle jets than a serialized keihin,so in order to get accurate parts for a pwk you would have to switch alot to get a real pwk.i just am salty with the way u spend $300 on 28 real pwks and you get a shit casting and plastic idle screws.fuck that shit.plastic?!really!!!!!!the thailand carbs come with cast screws which is at least way better than the real pwk.its a coin flip.

x2 ON BOREING THE STOCK ONES. x2 PLASTIC IDLE SCREWS.

SEND YOUR STOCKERS TO CASCADE AND BE DONE.

If you are capable of stripping your carbs down yourself, ANY GOOD machine shop can bore them to 28mm. Just make sure that they don't go over 28mm, as you will have problems getting the idle speed low enough because too much air will be going around the slides in stead of blocked or going under it. It would be better to be at 27.9mm than it would to be 28.1 mm is my point. Otherwise it is just making a round hole 2mm bigger and any machine shop should be able to do that for you.

• 7 months later...

I Think I just bought a pair of fake ones for a friend! should I try them out or just return them?

I Think I just bought a pair of fake ones for a friend! should I try them out or just return them?

EVERYONE that has used the OKO's LOVE them.... From what I've heard. Capable of 25-30 % more air/fuel flow than PWK's. Plus the guys that makew the OKO's are guys that worked for keihin for 17 years before they got laid off.

Check out glamisdunerparts.com. Or call him 916-293-9873. The OKO's come with a jet kit for about 150. He also has the PWK's for 160 for the set

A nother option is to have the stockers taper bored. Almost as much air going through them as the 28s but they won't have any trouble with the slides leaking.

A old trick the RZ racers used was to bore the stock carbs up in the bore. In other word take material out of the top to make the bore look egg shaped, then you don't mess up the side of the slides to leak. Everything looks stock but you have a much bigger carb.