So which do you prefer?

Twist or Thumb Throttle  

77 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I run twists on all of our bikes. I grew up riding dirt bikes and it is very natural to me. My Banshee twist is very smooth and never sticks or causes any problem, but it is a high end Magura 312 and is no longer made. I was hesitant to put one on our daughter's Blaster, but we got sick of having to stop to let her rest her thumb all the time, so we put one on when she was 13 or 14 and have no problems, it has been on there for 9 years.

The bottom line is it is personal preference. If you have one style on your machine and don't like it, get the other one and see if you like it better. You can always switch it back if you don't like it. But most of the guys running twists started out riding motorcycles and like to stay with what they know.Most people that started on quads prefer the thumb. There are some exceptions and some people have handicaps or other physical anomalies that dictate one or the other.

Yea when it comes to my shee I prefer a thumb throttle, But I ride a Harley all of the time and I was raised on dirtbikes. I tried one on my shee and didnt like it at all I still have it if someone wants to buy it its pretty much brand new.