Looking for Best Trail tire setup

NYCBanshee7

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the gncc itP21/11/9 i like i can use stud cold cutters in it they are about a 100 bucks A PICE AND 21 FRONT MAX CUT WITH 200 STUDS IN EACH TIRES WITH 54 WHEEL BASE AND +5 ARMS UP FRONT AND STRAPD SUSPENSION

I used to have the hds on my old quadracer. Would have stuck with them but my banshee came with holeshot xcr's. They are just like the hd with diagonal lugs on the edges. They grip excellent out of the corner. Motosport has some called artrax mxt's that look like they might be all right and about half the price. Im thinking about getting them for my dads raptor. Anyone else try these?

• 4 weeks later...

Holeshot HD's are the shit

agreed! they hook up about anywhere. loose mx to even playin around on the flat track. came with my bike and i love them. they even have some decent bite and sand and wash pits. and you can still break em loose with the simple pull and drop of the clutch. best tires ever made haha. i must admit though, i dont like the look of the fronts. i only have rear HDs and run stock fronts, but i love the look of the original holeshots. the HD is definitely wider than most other tires which help with the bite. you cant go wrong with a set of ITP HOLESHOT HDS.

• 1 month later...

I LOVE MY RAZRS ON THE REAR! I ride with two guys one with a 400ex with the tires that loco posted first and the other with a 660 raptor but i cant remember what he has. either way i get twice as far as both of them. i have original razr's and i love them. cant wait to get some for the front tires. i got the 6ply for trail riding too and i can run them without pressure if needed and they dont go flat....

all the itp and maxxis tires are overweight, overpriced and overrated..

there are far better choices out there that weigh less, hold up well and cost a lot less. you just dont hear about them as much because they dont flood all the atv magazines with false claims about how great they are.

here are some tires that will outperform all of those high priced junk tires at a much better cost..

ohtsu mr501

honda%20radials.JPG

and if you wanna go really cheap.. factory yfz450 tires

0000_Dunlop_KT355_Rear_Tire_--.jpg

these > my razr's.

I was looking into buying the ITP Holeshot GNCCs 22x7x10 fronts and 21x11x9 rears. Anyone have any input on these tires? Or any better suggestions? Any advice is appreciated!

pros: they are awesome - amazing traction, very hard to puncture, nice wide spacing, great cleanout

cons: little small for a 20" tire , tread wares out very fast if you ride on gravel/pavement because of the soft compound andsplit knob

softer compound will hook harder but ware faster, harder compound like razr 2 will last longer, but wont hook as well

my friend just picked up a pair of kenda kutter xc's - they look NASTY, nice wide spacing, huge lugs, look like they are gona be nasty, that will be my next set

not a fan of the cheap 4 ply hallow-knob no-name tires some of the guys rave about, ive had the stock 450 tires and a set of ohtsu radials a few years ago, im sure they have their place somewhere, like riding on grass, but on rocky /gravel roads, ugly trails, they just went bald so fast and punctured way too easy. and for the price argument, they are no cheaper than a pair of 4 ply razr 1's

i wouldnt hit the trails with anything less than 6 ply around here

^^^ Agreed, I have always used Holeshots HD,XC,and the MX ones and they are all very soft.I havent tried the GNCC's. I can go through a set of rears a year riding on rocky gravel but they do hook good. I bought a set of razr2 and rode them for 2 years and just put them on my kids quad and they look like new yet but I dont really care for them. I just put another new set of holeshots on but might try the kenda kutter xc's next. I dont think I'll buy anymore Holeshots.

kenda klaw's worked well for me. i would run them backwards ( soft) where we ride there is a lot of mix.

stock yfz450 rears seemed to be in the 70 buck each range..

i'd never spend 100 bucks each tire just cause it has a dudes name on it.

Edited by camatv