Looking for Best Trail tire setup

NYCBanshee7

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was looking into buying the ITP Holeshot GNCCs 22x7x10 fronts and 21x11x9 rears. Anyone have any input on these tires? Or any better suggestions? Any advice is appreciated!

That's a pretty good combo. Keep in mind the rears on the GNCCs run short so if you want a true 21" tire order 22", a buddy orderd 20" and the measured 19 and some change.

If i was to get new trail tires i would buy the new ITP quadcross XC fronts and back. They are more versatile than the GNCCs

X2 on the Holeshot HDs some of the people on here say that they are too heavy, But they're 6ply so they are tough as shit I haven't had a flat since I've had them. They are also a little wider then most tires with a little more side traction which is kick ass in the ruts. And to get back to the weight issue unless your racing your quad I dont feel the weight is that much of a big deal.

x3 on the hds. I love the hds they hook up mean on the dirt. And as far as the weight concerns unless your racing it doesnt matter, i was running 21in mudsharks before so it wasnt much of a difference anyways. And even if you were racing its probably bracket dragging which is going against your own time anyways. 6ply and wide they hold up pretty good.

I was looking into buying the ITP Holeshot GNCCs 22x7x10 fronts and 21x11x9 rears. Anyone have any input on these tires? Or any better suggestions? Any advice is appreciated!

awesome tires, nice wide spacing, good clean out, amazing traction

like the other guy said, 20's are more like 19's, the 21's are closer to 20's

Edited by Michael Jackson

yea if you are gonna buy the holeshot gncc's, get the 21/11x9's in the rear. or if you wanna spend a little extra and get a similar more aggressive tire, then i'd recommend the maxxis razr balance tire. heres some pics of it,

ballancetires017.jpg

ballancetires014.jpg

ballancetires018.jpg

all the itp and maxxis tires are overweight, overpriced and overrated..

there are far better choices out there that weigh less, hold up well and cost a lot less. you just dont hear about them as much because they dont flood all the atv magazines with false claims about how great they are.

here are some tires that will outperform all of those high priced junk tires at a much better cost..

ohtsu mr501

honda%20radials.JPG

and if you wanna go really cheap.. factory yfz450 tires

0000_Dunlop_KT355_Rear_Tire_--.jpg

I just got some cheap tires for my shee on the back. I got nanco tires and they were under half the price of the major name brand tires and have held up great. Also get good traction in all conditions I have thrown at them so far. I think they are holeshots or razr knockoffs but they hold up great.