Twist or Thumb?

I can certainly see the advantage of the thumb throttle, but I have always changed my quads over to a twist, is there any clear advantage to keeping a stock setup? A lot of the young guys that I ride with swear by the thumb, but it kills my thumb after a short amount of time!

I can certainly see the advantage of the thumb throttle, but I have always changed my quads over to a twist, is there any clear advantage to keeping a stock setup? A lot of the young guys that I ride with swear by the thumb, but it kills my thumb after a short amount of time!

go with a terry cable dual gasser.then you will have a thumb and twist throttle.i have one on my shee and its the best thing ive added. look up terrycable dual gasser throttle. best of both worlds.

I dont know about you guys.. but I found myself in more bad situations from the twist then I have from a thumb.. I switched back to a thumb after my last near accident that could have costed me ALOT of money... lol

There is a few mods that can be done to lighten the pull on the thumb throttles..

I dont know about you guys.. but I found myself in more bad situations from the twist then I have from a thumb.. I switched back to a thumb after my last near accident that could have costed me ALOT of money... lol

There is a few mods that can be done to lighten the pull on the thumb throttles..

Same.

I had a few big misses with my twist. With the limited suspension travel on these bike, they can very easily get away from you when you can't control the throttle as well.

Look at an extended throttle and lightening the springs and you will notice a big differance.

I used to love the twist throttle on my warrior, until i managed to rip my head open because of it lol.... Dropped a gear coming into a turn and hit a decent side bump, threw me to the side a little and caused me to goose the throttle.... front end came up and i just went straight.. the trail, did not

go with a terry cable dual gasser.then you will have a thumb and twist throttle.i have one on my shee and its the best thing ive added. look up terrycable dual gasser throttle. best of both worlds.

X2. I run one!

banshbuild1.jpg

I've had twist on a couple of my bikes in the past, and it's fun to ride for the first couple hours your out there, but it's very easy to get into trouble with. The thumb is much easier to ride, and more comfortable. I was never a big fan of the stock thumb throttle though, my thumb used to get really sore really quick. The terry cable one is much nicer, I can ride all day and feel fine. You can also look into putting a 400ex thumb throttle on the bike as well, works much better.

i do agree with the twist throttle being something that can get your ass tossed real fast.i put a twist on my shee a few years ago and ran it through a chainlink fence after hitting a tree and that was 10 minutes after putting it on.but the terry cable throttle is really nice and you can switch from thumb to twist in seconds so its a favorite of mine cuz when ya get bored of the thumb you can twist.i personnaly love the terry cable throttle.and its real easy to ride with.its a great investment IMO.

I was riding around the village when I noticed a speed bump ahead, so I squeezed the front brakes. At the same time the bike went full throttle, lifted

the front end up and flew over the speed bump. I let go my right hand and holding on with my left hand, when the front end came down I was heading

towards a chain link fence. I used the rear brakes like never before and just brushed up along the fence. After that I changed to thumb throttle.

i think its a personal thing myself i've had a twist on a 250r and now my banshee and i love them,all i do is trail ride and yes sometimes the twist will get you in a bind but overall it probably depends on your seat time and preference.these guys are right the thumb is safer but i cant stand the thumb pump you get from it and i always liked to have something a little different from everybody else which aint always a good thing.

i think its a personal thing myself i've had a twist on a 250r and now my banshee and i love them,all i do is trail ride and yes sometimes the twist will get you in a bind but overall it probably depends on your seat time and preference.these guys are right the thumb is safer but i cant stand the thumb pump you get from it and i always liked to have something a little different from everybody else which aint always a good thing.

agree with that,

I ride my banshee since 2005 with a twist throttle and the feeling is amazing. Will never go back to a thumb. I ride every thing from tight trail to sand pit. But I have to agree the twist can be scarry at the beginning. Don't go too hard and follow a learning curve about how to handle the twist during tight turn. Usually when people get scarry, they freeze and keep the throttle with their right hand .... bad bad bad ... take the habit realease thottle (same as for wheelie). Enjoy your twist !

my banshee is the first twist i have ever riding. the first time i rode the bike it scared the crap out of me, so fast lol. i was at the dunes and hit a few bumps and i accidently twisted the throttle, luckily i reached for the clutch. but towards the end of the day i was used to it, and i like the twist