FULL YFZ FRONT END

jamaha

i am getting ready to do a full yfz conversion to my shee i have access to all front end parts. so if i do yfz a arms, rotors, hubs, spindles, brake lines, shocks and +2 banshee tie rods will i have to do any cutting to my frame at all? also can i not use yfz stock tie rods? will they not work with the banshee sterring stem? i used the search function and the info was too spread out and i need a answer fast to begin my build. thanks

You can mod the frame but its much easier to mod the arms. Shaving the bottom arms is all you have to do, and spacers for the upper arms. To be honest with you people are better off buying arms that are made for the Banshee. In the end it will cost about the same to do the YFZ swap.

I say if you have the shit go for it. I've done the conversion and I love it. I am using 2009 YFZ 450r Shocks they're pretty sweet I picked them up for $300 with no ride time and I picked up the whole front end for $50. So for the $350 that I spent for the whole deal I couldn't even get a decent pair of used shocks for that much. And thats not to mention the better braking that I have with the dual piston calipers.

When you guys are talking about doing a complete swap for the yfz front end , are you talking about using stock yfz parts? or like +2 yfz front a-arms?

Just wondering which one would be equal to banshee +2 a-arms

When you guys are talking about doing a complete swap for the yfz front end , are you talking about using stock yfz parts? or like +2 yfz front a-arms?

Just wondering which one would be equal to banshee +2 a-arms

We are taking stock yfz arms, spindles, hubs, and swapping them with the stock banshee arms, spindles and hubs. It's pretty much like putting +2+1 arms on your banshee it also gives you more travel and can be done for a fraction of the cost if bought cheap enough. It cost me $350 to do the conversion and that's including a brand new pair of 2009 YFZ450r shocks. And if you can get the calipers in the deal they are 2 piston instead of 1 which is a kick ass upgrade.If you do a search on this subject you'll get everything you need.

Edited by madjimmax

We are taking stock yfz arms, spindles, hubs, and swapping them with the stock banshee arms, spindles and hubs. It's pretty much like putting +2+1 arms on your banshee it also gives you more travel and can be done for a fraction of the cost if bought cheap enough. It cost me $350 to do the conversion and that's including a brand new pair of 2009 YFZ450r shocks. And if you can get the calipers in the deal they are 2 piston instead of 1 which is a kick ass upgrade.If you do a search on this subject you'll get everything you need.

Im gonna chime in here with a few questions. Now the arms have to be 450R arms correct? Yamaha made 2 versions of the 450 and one wasn't equipped with the wider arms correct? Do you have to replace the hubs and spindles or can you just slap a set of 450R arms on ur banshee along with 450 shocks and pretty much have the same thing? What all modifications are needed to the banshee frame to accomodate 450 arms? Is it possible to buy a set of +2 banshee arms and just put 450 shocks on? I'm asking these questions because I'm looking on ebay and I see tons of 450 arms, but I'm not sure if the arms came from a 450R or a regular 450.

You want just regular yfz450 arms yfz450r arms will not work for this setup do your self a favor and do a search on this subject there is everything you need to know in there