MULL Engineering

87sheerips

After my last riding trip, I destroyed my water pump. I blew the seal, and broke the plastic gear. I contacted Brandon ("Blewit" on here) with Mull engineering to get me back up and running.

He set me up with one of their new water pump impellers, and a billet water pump gear. The impeller is proven for increased flow, and the billet gear is every bit of a good piece of mind item.

I am VERY impressed with his customer service and willingness to get me parts FAST, and will definitely do more business with him in the future.

I suggest to anyone that owns a Banshee to contact Mull engineering with any machined product you can think of. From water pump systems to shift stars, MULL engineering is an up and coming innovator for our sport, and our industry.

See below for some compared pics of MULL's impeller Vs. my old billet impeller vs. stock. Also installed pics of their billet pump gear

The MULL impeller is a press fit design, that works with the hardened stock pump shaft. It does not work with the stainless shafts provided by most aftermarket companies, which are actually inferior compared to stock.

IMG_7287.jpg

Billet water pump gear:

IMG_7269.jpg

MULL, old billet style, stock style

IMG_7275.jpg

Stock Impeller

IMG_7281.jpg

Billet impeller

IMG_7280.jpg

MULL impeller

IMG_7282.jpg

haha, it's blowit, not blewit..... just a thaught....

i think of the plastic gear as a type of "torque fuse" in case of bearing failure. i wonder if anyone has ever had a bearing failure with a metal gear, and if any damage was done to the cover or caused by the gear. just curoius....

i think of the plastic gear as a type of "torque fuse" in case of bearing failure. i wonder if anyone has ever had a bearing failure with a metal gear, and if any damage was done to the cover or caused by the gear. just curoius....

I'm sorry, yes his name on here is blowit, not blewit lol

Yes, the gear was designed with torsion limits in mind and used materials accordingly. If you lock the bearing solid, the gear will shear before damaging the case. The plastic gear fails for many other reasons than a failing bearing though. They are known to fail just from fatigue as plastic becomes brittle with age.

B

• 2 weeks later...

brandon, whats the price on these parts?

The price is 33.99 for this part and is listed on our website.

If I would have known we were getting such an upclose and personal pic, I might have sent a prettied up version..... :rolleyes:

Brandon

Mull Engineering

The price is 33.99 for this part and is listed on our website.

If I would have known we were getting such an upclose and personal pic, I might have sent a prettied up version..... :rolleyes:

Brandon

Mull Engineering

Just add to this thread Brandon, pretty it up if you want! Bottom line its a nice product!

Blew, blow....both sound good to me. Nice piece......does all this sound wrong?

Yes Kev, that line most certainly will end up in someone's sig.. :rotflmao:

Guys, the impeller head can either be pressed or simply smacked in with a hammer. We planned it that way because we know not everyone has a press in their garage...We do not put a large amount of interference on it because the end of the stock shaft is splined and locks up nicely. Our torsion testing proved our designed fit would basically break the impeller before it will slip on the shaft. They go together pretty easily.

Brandon

• 2 weeks later...

blow, you seem to know bout these impellers, how do you get the ole one off. there seems to be a pin thru the plastic gear but i can't get it out. so let me know. thanks.

sent you an email earlier. hopefully you got and helps you out. let me know if you need more help..

Mull Eengineering

Hey 87shee, have you rode since you installed the impeller, If so any temp drops or any probems with it?

I need a pump for my shee I might just pick one of these up in stead of pro-design from FAST.

Yep, everything seems good! I don't have a temp gauge so I cant tell you whether the temp has decreased.