Can i beat him?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know.. I've ridden them both. Both bone stock. Yeah, the DS is quick, but I wouldn't say that it would be a good race. With equal riders his banshee should definitely take him.

i had 2 banshees and 1 ds650 and raced a few banshees on the street, a stock ds will beat a stock banshee out the whole and top end, i beat a banshee with pipes, and idk if it had anything else done to it, if i remember it had aftermarket carbs, but i beat him by about 4 cars in the 1/8 on the street. maybe 5... however i had a banshee that would have smoked my ds and i don't know what it had done to it, i bought it the way it was...... it was a really long time ago..

heres a video with me on a warrior and on the ds but it was back in 2000 or 2002 i had only been riding quads for about a week or 2 lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_pvpvAq824

yeah aint that the truth. lots of kids flooding this place lately, and thats never a good thing

i'm about 100 percent possitive the ds will win. all shit talking asside. i'm pretty sure, ive had both riden both and currently own a banshee the ds's are turds anywhere but the street but on the street they will pull a lightly modd'd banshee. the banshee i raced on my ds had fmf pipes, carbs and cool head. dunno if it had anything else and i beat the crap out of him with the bombardier, and when i say beat the crap out of him i mean really bad, by like 5 cars or so in the 1/8 i looked back and he was wayyyy back there. and we were both good riders, everyone bragged about how good he was and everyone bragged about how good i was. i currently own a banshee and a 250r i wouldn't suggest a bombardier, mine i wrecked on jumps because the jumps were too narrow and the bombardier was too wide, i bent the axle because it was too heavy, and in the sand from a dead stop with factory tires they barely wanna take off, they almost wanna just spend down and sit on the swingarm.. but on the road that bombardier is gonna win. i promise.

Edited by x_doug_x

i'm about 100 percent possitive the ds will win. all shit talking asside. i'm pretty sure, ive had both riden both and currently own a banshee the ds's are turds anywhere but the street but on the street they will pull a lightly modd'd banshee. the banshee i raced on my ds had fmf pipes, carbs and cool head. dunno if it had anything else and i beat the crap out of him with the bombardier, and when i say beat the crap out of him i mean really bad, by like 5 cars or so in the 1/8 i looked back and he was wayyyy back there. and we were both good riders, everyone bragged about how good he was and everyone bragged about how good i was. i currently own a banshee and a 250r i wouldn't suggest a bombardier, mine i wrecked on jumps because the jumps were too narrow and the bombardier was too wide, i bent the axle because it was too heavy, and in the sand from a dead stop with factory tires they barely wanna take off, they almost wanna just spend down and sit on the swingarm.. but on the road that bombardier is gonna win. i promise.

5 CAR lengths? i dont know that that is everybodies results. stock for stock i dont think a ds is THAT much faster, but will agree it is faster stock

Edited by 2K1Banshee350

yeah aint that the truth. lots of kids flooding this place lately, and thats never a good thing

I will disagree with you on that one. This way they will learn, get some tips to make them better riders. Thats if they don't think they're know it alls.

Wish I had this when I was young. Shit, I mean younger, don't want to sound old.

• 2 weeks later...

well, I just now kinda stumbled into this thread.

WHY THE FUCK DIDNT YOU GUYS COME ASK ME ABOUT THIS SHIT???

most everyone on here knows I have a friend with a DS 650 that we race almost every weekend. my mods are in my sig and he has as of this posting

pro circuit pipe, protech spark box, modded air box, modded snorkel tube, jetted, mikuni flatslide 40MM carb (modded) 20 inch tires and high compression piston.

we are dead even in a race, over and over again, moving, dead stop, any speed start, we top out 2MPH apart with me being the faster there.

stock for stock, we raced them then also, he got me out of the hole by 2 bikes and held it there, then out topped me in the big end.

I can get some videos of this the next time we go out, I have some on here somewhere of us racing up the sand hill, I can take him there that was before his carb mods.

Hey just wanted to add an update. My buddy and i finally raced yesterday. He had me by 1/2 a quad until i hit 4th and then i passed him and ended up beating him by a length. He definately had more low end but as long as we were going a good distance i could get by him pretty much every time.