YFRZ 98% COMPLETE

NN2

Dude I wanna see a video! I definitely think you should send a write up of this to dirtwheels I am sure you would be featured after they dogged on that kid for wanting to do the same thing (May 2009 issue towards the back) I am glad you are happy with it. My next build when the banshee is done is gonna be a Tri-Z with a banshee motor (I have dubbed the project "Tri-Shee") Any input you have on throwing a twin into a chassis built for a single cylinder is greatly appreciated man. What were your three biggest obstacles durring this build? (Cash aside) :biggrin:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW!

That is pure sickness. I need to wipe the drool off my keyboard!

I'd love to see how that RZ powervalve runs...that's awesome!!

I've been thinking of a similar project on a smaller scale though. I need something a little bigger for my 6 year old boy, I thought it would be fun to take his little offbrand 110 and start modifying the crap out of it. Maybe some custom arms and swinger to start with, then maybe a bigger motor.

I've got a welder, a cutoff saw, and one of those mini lathe/mill combos. It's time to spend some time in the garage!..:)

That thing is awesome, "the 8th world wonder" !

So it looks like you have a battery mounted down in the front of the frame, are you planing on running a battery eliminator ?

What all do you have done to the motor exactly ?

Don't think I'll be running an eliminator. The battery is very small and doesn't weigh much of anything. As for motor, most all the mods are listed in my sig. Wish I would have used an RZ stator to begin with.

looks awesome man. ive seriously thought about doing this swap before. then i thought id skip using a banshee motor and use an h2 triple. maybe one of these days.

got anymore pics of the pipe setup?

I'll make you a deal loco. You send me some good pics of your new girl and I'll send you some pics of my pipes :biggrin:

The pipes aren't that great. Honestly, if you're going to make some fit then start from scratch. I think it would have been easier to figure out the geometry and cut each section than hack up those pro circuits and make the bends that I had fit.

As for getting the RZ parts, ebay man. All ebay. I got a steal on the cylinders way back in September last year for $150 shipped. On first bore with powervalves. Then the servo motor for $45 which you can also use the R1 or R6 servo motor. Same thing but forgot which bike it's from. Then I got the stator and flywheel recently for $112 that's in great shape. I used the YFZ regulator from the rolling chassis I built. I have very few new parts. Mostly all used from ebay but I cleaned them up. Polished all the parts myself.

I'll see about getting some video this weekend before I clean it. There's a couple girls I know and I think I can out do loco on his posing pics, I hope :evil: You'll all be wiping up more than drool.

I'll make you a deal loco. You send me some good pics of your new girl and I'll send you some pics of my pipes :biggrin:

The pipes aren't that great. Honestly, if you're going to make some fit then start from scratch. I think it would have been easier to figure out the geometry and cut each section than hack up those pro circuits and make the bends that I had fit.

As for getting the RZ parts, ebay man. All ebay. I got a steal on the cylinders way back in September last year for $150 shipped. On first bore with powervalves. Then the servo motor for $45 which you can also use the R1 or R6 servo motor. Same thing but forgot which bike it's from. Then I got the stator and flywheel recently for $112 that's in great shape. I used the YFZ regulator from the rolling chassis I built. I have very few new parts. Mostly all used from ebay but I cleaned them up. Polished all the parts myself.

I'll see about getting some video this weekend before I clean it. There's a couple girls I know and I think I can out do loco on his posing pics, I hope :evil: You'll all be wiping up more than drool.

What???

Now you make me worry?? Borut recently e-mailed me, because he wanted to know what stator I am running.... I said banshee one....

He said, his just checking.....

Whats the deal here???

Did you sent the old one back??

I think he said mine will be fine....

Well we see....

Glad its running..... How is the power delivery???

What???

Now you make me worry?? Borut recently e-mailed me, because he wanted to know what stator I am running.... I said banshee one....

He said, his just checking.....

Whats the deal here???

Did you sent the old one back??

I think he said mine will be fine....

Well we see....

Glad its running..... How is the power delivery???

Sent ya a PM for the zeeltronic stuff. As for power delivery....smooth. I adjusted the powervalve settings and you don't have that super hard hit of 70 some hp, unless of course I want it. Then I just need to plug in the programmer :biggrin:

great project man,

the rz stator did the trick ey, in Boruts email he sent to me he said that the banshee stator wasn't producing the power the rz stator would be. wonder if the banshee stator had been re-wound and upgraded it would work...

good to see it finished, glad i didnt go looking for a yfz450 chassis, i would have never have finished it, i had a hard enough time with just a banshee :blink:

70hp has got to be a lot of fun, i think 4mill and port is my next step, but then again...

good luck with whatever is next and i hope it is as reliable as the banshee motor is lol

great project man,

the rz stator did the trick ey, in Boruts email he sent to me he said that the banshee stator wasn't producing the power the rz stator would be. wonder if the banshee stator had been re-wound and upgraded it would work...

good to see it finished, glad i didnt go looking for a yfz450 chassis, i would have never have finished it, i had a hard enough time with just a banshee :blink:

70hp has got to be a lot of fun, i think 4mill and port is my next step, but then again...

good luck with whatever is next and i hope it is as reliable as the banshee motor is lol

Right now I'm guessing around 72-74 hp. Jim at passion said with my setup, his porting, and some higher end pipes than Pro Circuits I should be able to hit 80-82 hp. It's no where near tuned yet. Over the winter I'm going to build some good pipes made to compliment the porting and then run it on a dyno. Next year I'll be ready by April. I hope.

VERY nice looking work. No hacking here....

Banshee power and current technology frame geometry/handling...very nice!!

You just had to go get it dirty, didn't you? LOL....

Again, nice work. Keep us posted with pics and videos of everything...I bet that's a head turner for sure!

VERY nice looking work. No hacking here....

Banshee power and current technology frame geometry/handling...very nice!!

You just had to go get it dirty, didn't you? LOL....

Again, nice work. Keep us posted with pics and videos of everything...I bet that's a head turner for sure!

LOL! Head turner for sure! We were riding at Bull Gap this last weekend in between the down pours and it was funny watching people eye ball the thing. Just makes me wonder what they're thinking when they do a second look at it. I think that will be the best of it all. Especially at the dunes when I pull up to the strip. "Oh yea, so you think your 4 stroke is fast, eh? Well I got somethin' for ya." :biggrin:

why are you using a honda rear bearing carrier? i understand the rear caliper, but couldnt you have just used the brake bracket on a yfz carrier? im sure you have your reason im jw.

Honestly, can't remember exactly. Something to do with wanting to use the 250R caliper so I think I had to get the 250R carrier and caliper bracket to match the mounting points of the caliper. I still need to make some bushings to get the caliper to align correctly with the disc though. Then I used YFZ bearings in the carrier to accept the YFZ axle. Get's confusing. I researched it and asked around. There was probably an easier way.