HJR Porting...Initial Report

dajogejr

Well, I got a chance to run my bike for the first time this year and wanted to give some feedback for my 10 mil cub ported by Kevin Herr. Yes, that Kevin of Herr Juggs Racing.

It's not good.

IT'S GREAT.

I've had my 10 mil cub down the strip literally hundreds of times over the past two seasons. I know what it runs...at each track I go to.

Yesterday, I mud bogg'd at a track in Port Huron. The guys there did a great job trying to dry out and turn the track...just too much rain, etc. So...nothing.

My bike for the past few years has gone a best of 4.22 and very consistent at 4.3 with me on it.

I had a LOT of tuning to do today. Adjusted my carbs probably 4-5 times to finally get it pretty close, still have some tuning to do.

I'm happy to report first time out with my bike, same everything as last two years...but it's fully drag ported by HJR and fresh pistons, that's it.

Best of 4.17 @ 78.8 MPH. Ran a few 4.2's off. Still have a little tuning to do as well.

I have never gone teens with this bike. And out of 20 runs on an average test and tune, I'd pull 1...MAYBE 2 4.2 runs.

Even though I still have some tuning to do, I simply can not believe how hard this motor pulls on top. It revs out further, pulls harder all the way through...I'm very, very impressed.

I've read alot about Kevin's work on duners, trail bikes...very few drag bikes that I know of.

I was very worried about putting my motor in someone's hands only because of how well it ran before this tear down.

I made a great choice. I sent him the whole motor (minus tranny and clutch) to get degreed in, case matched...and had it back in two weeks. A real two weeks.

Kevin's been bugging me to get it all together and go for a ride...so, finally I did.

Thanks HJR...does this mean I've officially started the HJR nutswinging group?

Meetings will be at 8PM at the gymnasium at the quads. Beer and peanuts will be provided...

:beer: :beer:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love to hear good things about good people. Even thought Kevin and I have yet to do business. We have spoken and met on a few ocasions, and every one of those were great. A real down to earth, loves helping people, and knowledgable guy.

Now you just need a killer chassis to put that beast in :whistling:

i've talked to dave a few times on the phone but not many.i got a phone call today and hell thought the guy had the wrong number and it was dave.talk about happy. you all should of heard him on the phone.after talking to dave about how well the cub i have runs from kev im glad dave got to feel it for his self now.

did you have a bolt on cylinder before or just a "clean up?"

I cleaned it up myself. Just removed the casting line in the transfers and cleaned up the intake/exhaust casting "boogers" as well. I just barely rounded the tops of the intake "boost" ports too...

Nothing more...

Funny Butch... I was sitting there thinking for a brief second Shit...did he change his number? LOL.

I cleaned it up myself. Just removed the casting line in the transfers and cleaned up the intake/exhaust casting "boogers" as well. I just barely rounded the tops of the intake "boost" ports too...

Nothing more...

Funny Butch... I was sitting there thinking for a brief second Shit...did he change his number? LOL.

lol.no got a new phone alil while back and lost all the numbers i had saved.

i rode a hjr dune ported 4mil .. ran good revved fast.. but it wasnt even close when we raced... alot had to do with the other guys tires but it felt ok when i rode it... but then again it was dynoed at 60 hp maybe that was why it wasnt close...

Edited by bansheefreak

i rode a hjr dune ported 4mil .. ran good revved fast.. but it wasnt even close when we raced... alot had to do with the other guys tires but it felt ok when i rode it... but then again it was dynoed at 60 hp maybe that was why it wasnt close...

Shawn how did it compare to yours

Shawn how did it compare to yours

i dont want to get into this and that.... but i rode a hjr with exact same mods except he had 35's i had 34's he had cpis i had shearers, i had a dunable he had trans work but not actual dunable.. and it was no comparison like me and dude thought it would be.. i was kinda disappointed.. i just hope his banshee was having a bad day...

The HJR dune ported 4 mill dyno'd at 60HP? That was more than yours or you stomped him? Do you know what his setup was? I just dyno'd my T5 bike that I ported at 55.7HP without tuning and too big 20cc domes (instead of the 18's that just showed up from David @ NOSS).

I hear great stuff from a lot of people about Kevin's work!