HJR Porting...Initial Report

dajogejr

Yes sir.

I initially changed the gearing from 16/45 to 16/44.

Jetting issues weren't letting me leave with 44, so I went back to 45. Had to iron out the carbs a bit more.

Even with it coming out of the hole so so...all my slips were 76MPH or better. I had my best passes that were all over 78, almost 79 MPH. For the past two seasons, every track I went to...I was LUCKY to squeeze a 75 or 76.

My MPH was always 72-74MPH...pass after pass.

I like the MPH, I was going to bump the timing to 11 or 12. I'm going to leave it as is for now. (at 10)

Going to work on cleaning up the bottom just a hair (gotta love Lectrons...easy easy!!)

I'm very confident I can get consistent teens out of it with me on it...maybe an .0 pass here and there.

That's a LOT in 300 foot.

Now...then there's the jockeys....LOL.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two Fiddy....:)

Thats crazy! if u shed bout 50 lbs you would be in the 3's.....but then it would be expected ya know... but if your nething like me, i love food and beer so it aint happenin hahah man good job, that bike is flying man! glad your happy, thats all that matters

peace

Not bad for the first outing. Just a $300 port job from a garage hack and a 10 day turn around time. That's just crazy. Who does that? Cant wait to see that thing with some more time under its belt.

You should see them run when I set the whole motor up. :woot:

Ok....I will stop blowing my own horn.

FAST

McCoys Performance

Port Magic

K&T

and ......

I could go on and on. These guys are good. I love banging heads at the track with them. Its all fun and games for me. Much respect.

Yes sir.

I initially changed the gearing from 16/45 to 16/44.

Jetting issues weren't letting me leave with 44, so I went back to 45. Had to iron out the carbs a bit more.

Even with it coming out of the hole so so...all my slips were 76MPH or better. I had my best passes that were all over 78, almost 79 MPH. For the past two seasons, every track I went to...I was LUCKY to squeeze a 75 or 76.

My MPH was always 72-74MPH...pass after pass.

I like the MPH, I was going to bump the timing to 11 or 12. I'm going to leave it as is for now. (at 10)

Going to work on cleaning up the bottom just a hair (gotta love Lectrons...easy easy!!)

I'm very confident I can get consistent teens out of it with me on it...maybe an .0 pass here and there.

That's a LOT in 300 foot.

Now...then there's the jockeys....LOL.

Them are some respectable trap speeds for us big guys up here in MI. I'd be very happy with them results.. Especially since it was the first outing. there is deffinately gonna be some left in it. You know Dave is having issues at the line if his 60's with a bar is worse then my 60's without a bar. My 60's last year on my 4mil were 1.55's with no bar.. so he could easily shave off another half tenth.

As always Dave, Your gonna have another fine running bike this year. A motor is only as good as the person turning the wrenches. So I give props to both of you. Nice running bike guys!

Thanks guys....

Yeah, I love the food and beer and work for a restaurant company.....so, we just build bigger motors. LOL.

As said, first time out, 8 to 10passes (I don't count the track the day before, 3 passes, TOTAL mud bog from all the rain. I only made a full throttle pass to half track to make sure it was all tight...)

I might add, quite a few of the passes on Sunday were on a pretty chewed up and rutted track...you all know bikes like these like a clean track for any kind of number.

I think going a little better than a tenth faster with only a handful of passes is impressive and I am very happy...and that's what counts.