New 450 Yamaha Sport Quad...

Will it beat a banshee in a drag race to 60? (both stock)  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some news, the YFZ450 quad puts out 45HP stock, and at it's top speed is 2 MPH slower than the Raptor, it will just get there a whole lot quicker. A pipe, gearing change, and a better filter and this thing will have some serious top speed. T

The sooner I get mine the sooner I can race it against my shee and give some results.

I can't say what the new quad is going to be like as a whole. But there is a 250R with a well built YZ 426 motor that will stay right on the heals of my ported RZ motor on the straights on the MX track. I honestly don't think he even shifts that damn thing, it makes power everywhere. So I'm guessing that the new Yamaha shouldn't be much different.

If anyone knows how to convince my wife that I really want to buy it for "HER", please let me know.

broke

you'd be stupid to buy the yamaha!  Honda will have their's out within a year and that one will spank the Yamaha.  The Honda engine has the most horsepower in motocross, and you know Honda will pay attention to all the little details where Yamaha likes to overlook things!

The thing is that Yamaha has been designing this for 5 years, and they DID pay attention to all the little details, did you even read up on it before posting??

I do own a banshee..... But I have ALWAYS been a Honda fan. Yamaha has never produced a motorcross bike or wheeler without flaws. Hell we are all still pissed off about non-rebuildable crank shafts, TORS, and among other things. Yamaha did get the YZ250 and YZ125 right after 20 years. Honda comes out with something new and it is perfect out of the box. Examples:

400ex (Perfect bike about 4-5 years ago... Now just lacking on power)

YZ426 (new 5 valve four stroke. When it first came out it was spinning mains like crazy, Not to mention the tranny problems among other things)

CR250 aluminum frame. Perfect the first time, They havn't had to change anything.

CR450F Perfect the first time. No problems ever reported and more power than the Yamaha.

Not to take anything away from Yamaha. I just feel that Honda has got an edge on them when it comes to a complete bike. I guarantee that the cr450F will waste the Yamaha 450. Hell the motorcross bike already has and they are basically the same engine.. Just ad a dampener

400ex (Perfect bike about 4-5 years ago...  Now just lacking on power)  

400EX frame based on 250R (which broke like crazy 86-87 better in 88-89) with a lack luster 4-stroke, easy to be reliable without making power

YZ426 (new 5 valve four stroke.)  When it first came out it was spinning mains like crazy,  Not to mention the tranny problems among other things)

Yamaha was first w/ high rev 4-stroke technoligy, not Honda, so the first has problems, easier to make an idea better than to make an idea from nothing!

CR250 aluminum frame.  Perfect the first time,  They havn't had to change anything.

Frame was based on previous CR's which have been around since early 80's, just now in aluminum. Actually earlier models are easier to ride.

CR450F Perfect the first time.  No problems ever reported and more power than the Yamaha.

Again, copied from Yamaha, also most motocrossers will say Yamaha's are easier to ride.

Look I'm not trying to get in a farting match with you, you just have to understand that:

#1 Yamaha is first to develope new technoligy

#2 Yamaha is not afraid to take chances/make mistakes (unlike Honda a Co. that seems to not take chances)

#3 Yamaha did take their time on this one and tried to account for possable situations/problems.

#4 We will have to wait and see for Honda, they seem to significantly detune their engines before puttting them on ATV's

did he say he would be stupid to buy a yamaha and to get a honda, wow your  crazy there new bike will still have one really big problem thought its still a HONDA  :twisted:  enought said

WERD :twisted:

DAM ATOR ! regulate em :!:

CR250 aluminum frame. Perfect the first time, They havn't had to change anything

wow thats way wrong, everyone knows that the honda frame was and still is far from perfect. Read some dirt bike mag shootouts, the CR's suck ass. The YZ's have been the best bikes for the past 5 years now. And from what I understand, the CRF motor is no better than the YZF motor, they are both great 4 strokes that have slightly different powerbands.