New 450 Yamaha Sport Quad...

Will it beat a banshee in a drag race to 60? (both stock)  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

went riding with a yzf450...........FAST!!!!!!!!

Kept up with a piped banshee, and piped raptor...BONE STOCK! On pavement drag race was a dead heat with them all untill top end, when the 450 ran out out revs.

They are fast stock, wait till guys start putting aftermarket stuff on them...

I was at the local track, running TT this particular day, and there was a brand new 450 running in the pro class. Everyone else has "TT" bbikes in that class. Sway bars, Hoosiers, and lots of power. This "clown" rolls up on the line withhis bone stock 450, stock tires, suspension at stock height, and the run. Let me tell you, it was an eye opening experience. The 450 SMOKED everything and everyone on the track. There was no comparison. He had 3/4 of a lap on everyone else in the field. I have never seen aything else like it. If I had the $$$$ to pony up on one of them, I would surely have one. I will never get rid of my shee, well, maybe to get a new or different one but them 450's are damned fast. And they don't even have close to the power of their MX bike motor derived friend. By something like 10-15 horse if I remember correctly. This is out of the box of course. But the motor in the YFZ is NOT the motor that is in the MX bike. It still doesn't matter. At 350 lbs. and the HP it does have out of the box makes it a killer. it will be interesting to see how things progress as more and more people get on these machines.......