Wheel spacers

Baz

Hello Im new to forums and have a (?) about wheel spacers. Ive seen some on ebay that mount to the stds. they have a 180,000tinsile strength. My plane is to widen my banshee front and rear for better cornering but I love to jump as well and trail ride and ride in ditches fields ect.. Has anyone used these and are they working well for you. Any suggestions? Not alot of $ !!

Welcome to the HQ

I have a set that I bought for flat tracking, but have done much more with them. After having them on for a while and seeing how well they held up, I wouldn't hesitate to run them for anything. They are 2" aluminum that bolt onto your hub and have their own studs.

Welcome to the HQ

I have a set that I bought for flat tracking, but have done much more with them. After having them on for a while and seeing how well they held up, I wouldn't hesitate to run them for anything. They are 2" aluminum that bolt onto your hub and have their own studs.

THANK YOU! For your input and time to write back.

THANK YOU! For your input and time to write back.

What were they going for $$? Have you checked rocky mountain atv they have the ones I have for about $75. They do have 1 1/2 -2" spindles now for I believe $95 I would prolly go that route.

i tried them and personally did not like them. The handling on rough trails was weird. I went with offset wheels in the front and the bike rolls and steers smoother......way smoother.

i love mine i wouldnt go more that 3 on the back because you can bow your back axel i have 3 on the back and 5 on the front and would not go back riding without them. i just got 2 sets of 3in for my raptor off ebay for 60 bucks front and back. ebay is the way to go man

• 2 weeks later...

I run the 1.5" DuraBlue along with +2" A-Arms and I love it.

I do have to keep and eye on turning really sharp. Sometimes the front will bite really hard and whip the bike around. I took a trip over the bars once b/c of this lol. But the secure stability on fast corners is well worth more than the few spin outs I have had.

i was riding a couple weeks ago with a kid that had spacers on his 400ex.. those things were visibly fucked up. it didnt look to me like he rode that hard, but those things were trashed.

you can bet i wouldnt be putting my ass on those thing. i would consider running an aftermarket rear axle and either a different offset front wheel or wider a arms.

the studs have a tensile strenght of 180,000 which is great, but if you put one on and I hit it with a 1lb hammer I bet I bent the fuck out of it. I have good spacers on my banshee +3 arms and a +4 axle. My front end is 52" when I sit on it and 50 in the rear. I dont have to worry about it breaking. I got a yfz 450 with all 4 wheels having +2 screw on studs and even though I havent bent them yet and already took them off the rear for the gayness factor, Im putting all non spacer extensions on it. They look retarded. By the time you sell off a rear axle, and pay $75 for shipping billet spacers, you almost have enough for a brand new shiny chrome g force, or just enough for a used one. Same with the front. Thats just the way I see it. :geek: