overheating with engine ice?

Chris-in-Cali

I ran her hard the other day with absolutely no problems with overheating at all. For a good 2 hours actually.

But i ran the oil/gas mix a little to rich for my liking so i decided I would run out the gas at home.

Left her in idle and would open up the throttle every now and then to speed up the process. Left her running in idle for about 20 mins.

Next thing you know I got coolant shooting out of the overflow like crazy.

Has anyone ever had this problem with engine ice or does this sound like more of a problem with the bansh?

if you dont have any air flowing threw the radiator there is no way to cool down the coolant, so it makes sinse that it was overheating. if you let a bike like a raptor sit and idle for a long time, the fan will turn on to try and cool the radiator down. if your gona let you banshee idle for a long time, put a box fan in front of the bike. that should help it not to overheat.

I ran her hard the other day with absolutely no problems with overheating at all. For a good 2 hours actually.

But i ran the oil/gas mix a little to rich for my liking so i decided I would run out the gas at home.

Left her in idle and would open up the throttle every now and then to speed up the process. Left her running in idle for about 20 mins.

Has anyone ever had this problem with engine ice or does this sound like more of a problem with the bansh?

you could have just taken the hose off the gastank or opened the drainscrews on the carbs or both :wallbash:

• 2 weeks later...

dude the banshee doesnt have electric fans you cant leave it to idle like that, it will overheat everytime. air needs to be forced thru the radiator by moving to cool it

dude the banshee doesnt have electric fans you cant leave it to idle like that, it will overheat everytime. air needs to be forced thru the radiator by moving to cool it

mine started over heating in the tree trailes at little sahra but if i stayed out at the drag strip it wouldnt over heat but everytime i took it into the tree trailes it over heated. i was thinking the water pump or the impleler went out. so do banshees need to stay out of the tree trailes.

mine started over heating in the tree trailes at little sahra but if i stayed out at the drag strip it wouldnt over heat but everytime i took it into the tree trailes it over heated. i was thinking the water pump or the impleler went out. so do banshees need to stay out of the tree trailes.

Yeah I have had terrible over heating issues when I am out at Little Sahara, especially in the trails. I started running engine ice and it helped a lot and I just installed an oversized radiator with engine ice and I hope that does the trick cause I am always getting left behind by my friends cause Im overheating. Im going out there at the end of the month to try it out.