quick question..

heya, when i last changed my tranny oil, i forgot to tighten properly the bolt at the bottom of the crankcase where the oil drips out. and i noticed a small puddle of oil spilled the first time.. but i always have fluids in my garage, and not sure where it came from, so i moved my quad forward, where it was dry under it, and next day it was tranny oil for sure under it.. so i lost quite some oil i guess maybe 100 ml?

anyway i now tightened it and moved it to a dry spot and well see after a few days if it leaks, but im sure it wont i tightened it with all the the force of my foot (instead of my hand). but now im unsure if i should add some more oil?

on a cold motor i took the dipstick out, dryed it properly, then just rested it back in through the whole but without tightening it, pulled it out, and there was oil on the tip of the dipstick, i dont know exactly till where but i then put it on my finger and there was like 1 drop of oil that came on my finger from the tip of the dipstick, so that means i dont have to put more oil right?

Edited by blaster2006

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but im sure it wont i tightened it with all the the force of my foot (instead of my hand).

ummm that's how you strip drain plug threads, it only needs a little snug or did you mechanic tell you to do that too :geek:

sorry i just couldn't sit back and listen to this anymore :ermm:

Edited by someone82

heya, when i last changed my tranny oil, i forgot to tighten properly the bolt at the bottom of the crankcase where the oil drips out.

anyway i now tightened it and moved it to a dry spot and well see after a few days if it leaks, but im sure it wont i tightened it with all the the force of my foot (instead of my hand). but now im unsure if i should add some more oil?

WOW Blaster i hope half of what you are posting is just trying to screw with people. I normally try and leave the fighting and stupid crap alone but this guy is just amazing! I look through the threads and find him giving jetting and repair advice to all kinds of people and then i find a thread were he and his MECHANIC cant get his carbs right and now he cant figure out if he needs to add oil after it has leaked oil out. What the hell dude? Are you really retarded or just enjoying annoying the hell out of people?

WOW Blaster i hope half of what you are posting is just trying to screw with people. I normally try and leave the fighting and stupid crap alone but this guy is just amazing! I look through the threads and find him giving jetting and repair advice to all kinds of people and then i find a thread were he and his MECHANIC cant get his carbs right and now he cant figure out if he needs to add oil after it has leaked oil out. What the hell dude? Are you really retarded or just enjoying annoying the hell out of people?

look .. let me explain.. im no mechanic like everyone in the US who has a banshee is.

im only 16... when i had my blaster i was not learning much mechanically, just when i got my banshee i started to learn more, and i learned how to deal with carbs mostly, and i knew how to change spark plugs and oil.

THATS IT, im learning more can you people stop getting so angry seriously just answer my questions so we can both be happy? it just so happened that i never measured oil with a dipstick i just put how much recoomend oil to put.

seriously you guys? and yes my so called " mechanic" inspected it and said im fine i dont need oil and he simply answered my question which could have been asnwered ages ago and told me if its oil until the end of the tip it has enough oil.

i wouldnt have had to call him over to come if you guys would have simply answered.

thanks for the quick responses

thats cause America is the best...

funny you know what oil is the best for a banshee and has a good"viscosity"... but don't know how to read a dip stick... lol

yeah hard to beleive myself.. i guess its such a stupid thing to know that i ddnt learn it, and learned something much better :)

like i said i never came across to reading a dipstick.