All bullshit aside who would win

The speed limiter and gearing kill the raptors top end. I have a banshee and a raptor, when the raptor was stock it would beat the banshee off the line it just hooked up better top end the shee would kill it. I have by passed the speed limiter regeared the raptor and added the big 3 mods. pipe,intake, and programmer. The big 3 helped power a lot on bottom and mid but the top end still fell off bad. Then I did the by pass that helped quite a bit. The speed limiter retards timing in 5th gear its like someone throwing a parachute on the thing. The gearing I think made it much more rideable, first gear was to low and almost useless. I went with a 15 front it keeps the motor in the power range longer. I still might play with the gearing a little more on the rear. The raptor would be something with a 6 speed trans. Even with the gearing change I did I still find myself searching for 6th sometimes. I think If I raced both on asphalt where traction wasn`t a problem I think it would be fairly close race between them.I tell you what though I like the ergonomics on the banshee better, I think its also funner to ride. I am probably an average height guy 5`8", on the raptor I feel like I am riding a croch rocket for some reason. I have flipped both bikes several times and the banshee seems to damage less items.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Raptor has 700ccs and the Banshee half of that. Funny how a few mods and a Banshee can keep up with one and a decent rider can take one.

Ill put my 350 against a 700 and kill it, there is a couple of 700s out where we race. Ill get some video next time

im sure am glad i dont have the horror stories some of you have.all i can say is some of you are riding some hurt ass banshee's.i raced a raptor 660 about 2 weeks ago with my 03 z400 and spanked it.z has athena big bore kit, hot cams hot rod,trinity stage 5 exhaust etc.i had no problem handing the raptor its ass on dirt beating him by at least 3 quad links.my banshee will run off and leave my z400 like its going backwards.something is definitely wrong,sounds like to me some hurt ass banshee motors.so far on my banshee the only thing i have been beat by was another highly modified banshee.i am also a believer in you can make anything fast.my point is if your getting beat you havent done enough to your banshee.

this guy here that cat keep it in 5th or 6th gear having to down shift to 4th for power should have not been racing anything.my blaster would have spanked it.hell on my banshee i run a 15 tooth front sprocket and am looking for 7th gear.all i know is theres a bunch of banshees out there that will smoke a modded raptor 700.it better have a turbo on it if it comes my direction because thats what its gonna take.

i fuck up raptors and yfz 450's for free.

anyone that lives in the 4 states area close to texarkana that has a raptor or a yfz450 that needs a banshee ass whoopin let me know.thats if i havent already smoked your ass.

sure you can build a banshee to beat a vette if you tried but the point of the thread was to see how it stacked being piped against a piped kfx 400 and a stock rappy 700

yes i agree a stock raptor 700 will smoke a stock banshee.banshee off the show room floor was majorly detuned.thats why one can pipe jet and some filters that let it breath advance the timing a little with gear for what your doing and its a different animal.but yea a 700 raptor should kill a stock banshee its only half the cc's and detuned badly.its amazing to me how close of a race it is with just pipes for half the cc.just imaging if the banshee had come with like a tz750 two stroke motor from the factory.it would take a yamaha r1 motor in the raptor to keep it in sight, NOT.

first off, it all depends on the terrain. I get so sick and tired of this bs about bikes vs bikes. I regretted even posting the stupid video that my brother took while we were just fucking around. It all has to do with so many things, (rider, bike, terrain, situation, circumstances, holeshot. blah blah blah) the 700 is fast and so is the banshee and so is the fucking tecate 250, so is a cr500.

stock for stock, 700 beats banshee unless the 700 rider is a f'ing tard.

first off, it all depends on the terrain. I get so sick and tired of this bs about bikes vs bikes. I regretted even posting the stupid video that my brother took while we were just fucking around. It all has to do with so many things, (rider, bike, terrain, situation, circumstances, holeshot. blah blah blah) the 700 is fast and so is the banshee and so is the fucking tecate 250, so is a cr500.

[/quo

i agree completely.

I thought I made most variables quite clear? or didnt you happen to read the original post? Thanks