Took a spill sunday, hillclimbing.

csrmel

There was this gnarly hill on sunday, it starts out at 10 feet of 80 degree climb, then goes to a 45 degree climb, so its quite difficult to get up.

I had climbed this hill a few times, so I thought I had mastered it. The last time I went up it, i had the throttle pinned, shot up the 80 degree, got air, landed on the 45 degree, and crawled my way up. right as i was reaching the top, my riding buddy pops out of nowhere. he had rode the shallow side of the hill up to the top to watch me. I was going up pretty hard and he was right in my landing spot so I had no choice but to brake going up hill to avoid hitting him and sending him tumbling down the hill. I braked, stopped, and started sliding backwards. I went over a rut and the banshee went sideways, flipped. i tumbled downhill, flew through the air and landed on my stomach at the bottom. 1 second later the banshee tumbled down and landed square on top of me.

I was stuck, hurting pretty bad, coundlt move and I was laying in fire ant mound. The banshee had me pinned down. My riding buddy ditches his dirtbike, slides down the hill on his ass and runs over to help me get the bike off me and get out of the ant pile.

I think I am ok but i am so freakin sore. i couldnt even get out of bed yesterday. i only got out of bed today in the afternoon. my banshee has slightly bent handlebars but is otherwise ok. my stomach face arms are all lumpy from fire ant bites.

There was this gnarly hill on sunday, it starts out at 10 feet of 80 degree climb, then goes to a 45 degree climb, so its quite difficult to get up.

I had climbed this hill a few times, so I thought I had mastered it. The last time I went up it, i had the throttle pinned, shot up the 80 degree, got air, landed on the 45 degree, and crawled my way up. right as i was reaching the top, my riding buddy pops out of nowhere. he had rode the shallow side of the hill up to the top to watch me. I was going up pretty hard and he was right in my landing spot so I had no choice but to brake going up hill to avoid hitting him and sending him tumbling down the hill. I braked, stopped, and started sliding backwards. I went over a rut and the banshee went sideways, flipped. i tumbled downhill, flew through the air and landed on my stomach at the bottom. 1 second later the banshee tumbled down and landed square on top of me.

I was stuck, hurting pretty bad, coundlt move and I was laying in fire ant mound. The banshee had me pinned down. My riding buddy ditches his dirtbike, slides down the hill on his ass and runs over to help me get the bike off me and get out of the ant pile.

I think I am ok but i am so freakin sore. i couldnt even get out of bed yesterday. i only got out of bed today in the afternoon. my banshee has slightly bent handlebars but is otherwise ok. my stomach face arms are all lumpy from fire ant bites.

ouch

• 1 year later...