Check out this Cheetah motor setup

NN2

That top one is a PV motor. That's what those slots and mounting surfaces are for above the exhaust flanges. Same motor I'm building, in a 10mil.

shit, i didnt pay attention to the top picture..

but whats the difference between this and any other cheetah cylinder? i dont get it.

but whats the difference between this and any other cheetah cylinder? i dont get it.

The fact that you can have control of when and how much the power valves open and at what RPM, blah, blah.....Since it was designed for bikes I guess it makes it so you can control the powerband hit so you're not cart wheeling the bike. I'm not expert on these yet but posted it cause it looked fancy

Kinda what i was thinking too... I was a bit confused by the article. Looks like the average cheetah to me.

from what i can see it looks like the average cheetah PV cylinder in the 10mil setup with some extra crap added. So they added some facy crap to it....it's still a cheetah PV motor....

I think they are saying that the cylinders are regular cheetah's 58x73 but they sell balanced crankshafts (see picture, there is 1/4 of the web machined off...) and you can get the cranks in a 90* firing order. Which they claim gives less stress on the crank and more tractable torquy feel... maybe some mechanical engineer will let us know if its BS or not. Their domes or "head inserts" (seems like they think the term domes is form the lesser ATV folks :ermm: ) are pretty special looking as well they claim the prevent detonation, again I'm not an engineer and I can't confirm this. There is other shit as well but this was enough typing for me.

I asked them for a price on the topend without the FCR carbs and crank, $6000 bye bye. i did like the powervalve setup and it will work on a banshee with no batery, but have to run the stator and ignition they have for it to work. $2500 PV setup only, bye bye. maby it was in AU$.... but no US$. Hello Trinity 2300$ compleet PV topend kit.

It's a cheetah PV with a special powervalve kit (standard it's like a rotax and this powervalve are close to arctic cat powervalve...

Probably really easy to made a kit like that with the use of some custom machined part, and cost really less than 2500...But i don't think this setup are best than the original rotax style powervalve with less mechanical setup.