is it worth it from t6 to shearer or cpi

sup guyz

i am going to buy some sherear or cpi and ditch my t6.

alot guyz around here saying that t6 sux for a ported motor while mine isn't just ported but with a 4 mill on stock cylinders. :down:

would the power change will be felt easily by changing from t6 to shearer or cpi.

i do alot of duning but i also like hill shooting.

are those two pipes good for duning or are they pain in the ass

and which one is better than the other.

thx

:biggrin:

sup guyz

i am going to buy some sherear or cpi and ditch my t6.

alot guyz around here saying that t6 sux for a ported motor while mine isn't just ported but with a 4 mill on stock cylinders. :down:

would the power change will be felt easily by changing from t6 to shearer or cpi.

i do alot of duning but i also like hill shooting.

are those two pipes good for duning or are they pain in the ass

and which one is better than the other.

thx

:biggrin:

I had both and its hard to tell them apart performance wise, but I ride in shorts and the cpi's sit out and back alittle farther and you burn your leg every once in a while. Im a CPI fan

The Shearer pipes are more of a top-end pipe, suited more for drag racing. The CPI pipes are a drag pipe also, but are better suited for all around duning, and dragging. I'm running CPIs, and I even trail ride with them with no problems. Personally, I think you would be better off, getting the CPIs. Just my .02.

I have ran cpi's and shearer both on my 421 and love the shearer pipes. I dune drag and trail ride, and I have had no problems at all. This may be due to the powervalve set up!! My buddy rides a stock stroke cub and his bike is one of the most rideable fastest bikes I have ever ridden!! Pretty much a personal preference, but I definately think that shearer pipes pull harder and longer up top!! I have never really witnessed all the negative sides of the shearers that people talk about!! Maybe just the way I ride, but I will put shearers on every bike I build!! Just my 2 cents!!!

those CPI pipes look SICK...

my top choice would be CPI's tbh.

i have never tried either one, but by just looking at how fat the expansion chambers on the CPI's are, it looks like it is reallly a TOP end pipe.

i read abit on how pipes work etc, and its usually the bigger and fatter the expansion chamber the more top end it has.

the more narrow and curveyer they are the more bottom end it has, meaning something like a T-6 ( notice the big curve just before it connects to the stinger pipe.

may sound stupid but just what i heard along time ago hehe.

i personally would not pay more money to get different aftermarket pipes. the difference is from stock to aftermarket, from one aftermarket to another isnt that great of a diff :)

but since you claimed you already got them, tell us , how are they? :P

• 2 weeks later...
thanx guyz for the replies.

I have stole a sit of used shearer show chrome for 310 $$ from ebay

Waiting for the seller to ship it

Can't wait to recieve it and try them

You got the right pipes, I have about the same mods on my shee but with a drag port and I went from t5s to shearers and will never look back and there is plenty of mid range, just have to jet it right.

those CPI pipes look SICK...

my top choice would be CPI's tbh.

i have never tried either one, but by just looking at how fat the expansion chambers on the CPI's are, it looks like it is reallly a TOP end pipe.

i read abit on how pipes work etc, and its usually the bigger and fatter the expansion chamber the more top end it has.

the more narrow and curveyer they are the more bottom end it has, meaning something like a T-6 ( notice the big curve just before it connects to the stinger pipe.

may sound stupid but just what i heard along time ago hehe.

i personally would not pay more money to get different aftermarket pipes. the difference is from stock to aftermarket, from one aftermarket to another isnt that great of a diff :)

but since you claimed you already got them, tell us , how are they? :P