YFZ450 vs. Raptor 700

baddsheee

I much prefer the ergonomics of the YFZ over the raptor, the raptor sits too high for my liking. As far as the engine goes, the raptor has much more potential due to the HUGE displacement. I guess it will all come down to what exactly you plan to do with the bike. If it were me I would go with the YFZ.

This does not include the new YFZ fuel injected. Just wondering what you guys think about these two. What advantages on one over the other?

My buddies prefer the 700 over yfz cause of the the comfort, they both had the yfz's and loved them but kinda small feeling to them. With the 700 you have speed and comfort, but if it were me, I'd stick to the race bike the bans.. I mean the 450.

..., I'd stick to the race bike the bans.. I mean the 450.

Lmao, agreed.

I just have a strong hate for the Raptor for no apparent reason.

I know a lot of people say Banshee owners have attitude problems "because they think they are so fast" but I find it more with the Raptor guys than anybody else. Especially the stock ones, lol...

I have an older Raptor and its a very very good one, its fast as hell, jumps and handles with the best of them out there but unless you know exactly how to set them up, they can really blow. I agree, I hate people who ride Raptors and think they are tough shit. The new 700 is quite a bit better off the showroom floor than the old one, but as a "good guy" raptor rider, I can tell you my next quad will be a new YFZ. I will never get rid of the old beast or the shee of course, but YFZ vs. 700. Definitely get the YFZ. My opinion. :biggrin:

Edited by Soupbox660

When I'm ont he Yfz I feel like im on a powerwheels. Im 6'1. Everytime I turn the bars it hits my knees. ( Bad not just touched. It over hung my knee) I rode one for a week and never got used to it. People say that its awesome and I want to believe them but holy shit I honestly hated riding it in the dunes. And yes I know I can get a bigger stem but Its just too small. I wanted one bad. Rode one and will never do so again unless I have to. I want to sit on a KTM to see the diff. I rode a honda 450 and was much more comf. Now that was a 06. Now the new 450r I think looks really good on paper. I have my hopes up for it but at the same time I know that the size and positioning of the rider is not going to change so Im fucked. Now I had ridden the raptor and let me tell you that thing it the most comfortable ride of all. With some fine tunning that thing can be rediculous. I think that will def be my next quad.

i bought my 2006 YFZ at the same time my brother bought his 700R. I love my banshee and the brutal power, and i like riding hard, the YFZ is perfect in every way for me. Only thing it lacks is long ride comfort, but doesnt bother me, the power and handling more then make up for it. When i rode my brothers 700, he had pipe, filter, efi controller, i found the power incredibly boring. All grunt, no revs. Its there, just have to get used to shifting sooner then i usually do. Feels like a tractor. My YFZ and banshee suit me much better, they are the same, the harder you rev them the faster they go. And the handling and shocks on the YFZ are by far the best part, its amazing. Ride some twisty trails and you'll fall in love. My brothers Raptor had shocks about as great as my old 400ex had. Im sure if you dump $5000 into the Raptor motor it would be fast, but that applies to any bike really

Lmao, agreed.

I just have a strong hate for the Raptor for no apparent reason.

I know a lot of people say Banshee owners have attitude problems "because they think they are so fast" but I find it more with the Raptor guys than anybody else. Especially the stock ones, lol...

Hey,...... I have a stock Raptor and I'm not like that at all! :biggrin: lol

Actually I must admit, I like my Raptor alot. I got it with the intentions of keeping it stock. Very comfortable ride and quite powerful out of the box. I got the GYTR edition for the suspension on it. Powerwise it's comparable to a YFZ, just the power comes on much differently between the two. The YFZ revs fast and comes on all at once, while the Raptor has broad, smooth power with lots of torque. They are both great machines.

my buddy has a 06 or 07 raptor with the usual mods, no major engine work except for hot cam thingy bs... he stomps me unless from a rolling start and even then i have to let off cause i aint blowing a top end just to say i won for a bit haha.

anyway, i agree with the revs, that motor has a ton of shit, but it aint comfy (too high) and its just like riding a harley or major bike hard to describe. as far as trails, even on the banshee ill smoke him. they are cool though and i can only imagine decking one out.

still cant wait till i can afford motor work and smoke him haha

the 700 is a much smoother ride, it doesnt vibrate your balls numb in 20 mins like the yfz's do

of course the power is completely different on them, one is much smaller and higher compression, the other is huge with low compression, the 450 makes good torque down low, but they wana stall if you lug them too much, the raptor can be lugged through anything in 2 gears too high and will just pull right through it, you have to ride them completely different, you have to rev the yfz alot higher to make power obviously, the raptor runs better/faster when u short shift and lug the motor , it takes some getting used to after riding a banshee, keep it a gear higher than you think you should be in and it runs the best, they are a bit tall, but oh well, cant have everything, my friends is widened out and handles good, id take one over a yfz just because of size and comfort, piped for piped they are pretty damn even but remeber the raptor has a much lower compression ratio and much more potential once u start modding them