Manny's MX build

Do the beadlocks serve any real purpose? Other than keep it on the bead lol

So like Bennett said they definitely will take a beating a lot better than your average wheels. I've also slightly popped the bead off regular wheels from sliding into a corner and catching a fat rut which beadlocks help with. And if you think you can swap out tires quick with non bead lock wheels you should see how quick that's doable with beadlocks and only having to pop the bead off on one side. I guess I could add in here also that unlike regular wheels where if you do happen to bash the lip with a rock you can always replace the ring. I don't rock them in the front since I haven't felt it be necessary since I don't through as many tired as the rear and if I do bang the fronts up they're pretty cheap but these rolled lips on the DWT's have held up to some good sideways bands into rocks in the little trail I riding I've done with them.

So like Bennett said they definitely will take a beating a lot better than your average wheels. I've also slightly popped the bead off regular wheels from sliding into a corner and catching a fat rut which beadlocks help with. And if you think you can swap out tires quick with non bead lock wheels you should see how quick that's doable with beadlocks and only having to pop the bead off on one side. I guess I could add in here also that unlike regular wheels where if you do happen to bash the lip with a rock you can always replace the ring. I don't rock them in the front since I haven't felt it be necessary since I don't through as many tired as the rear and if I do bang the fronts up they're pretty cheap but these rolled lips on the DWT's have held up to some good sideways bands into rocks in the little trail I riding I've done with them.

I'm the opposite. I fuck the fronts up more than the rear, but it's all in where/how you ride.
  • Like 1

How is changing a beadlock wheel out easier than a non beadlocks wheel? You need a bead breaker for one side anyway, so it would be WAY faster to pop the bead off both than take about 20 bolts out of oe side and have to use a bead breaker on the other side anyway.

You guys obviously don't change tires enough.

my rears have dual beads.

Hit it with a drill and I can swap rears with rims still on bike if I wanted.