Turbocharged and fuel injected banshee........

they do work.  just i personally feel to many are only making boost after 9000 rpm.  and seem to be ok with that  i have my own idears and most revolve around what the outboard people are doing with them.  there is just way to much closed minded'ness in the atv world.  snomo's are having a blast with them.

they do work.  just i personally feel to many are only making boost after 9000 rpm.  and seem to be ok with that  i have my own idears and most revolve around what the outboard people are doing with them.  there is just way to much closed minded'ness in the atv world.  snomo's are having a blast with them.

THEY DONT WORK

awkward^

Thanks guys, it is definatly an interesting bike to ride haha.  One of my reasons for posting here is that I couldnt find much info out there on succsesful efi or turbo conversions.  the EFI set-up was cheaper that you would think, really so was the turbo......everything was used parts with the exception of the micro squirt.

The stock VR pickup on the banshee works great with the microsquirt (although if you wwire the leads backwards the signal breaks up under load, dont ask haha).  keep in mind I am running fuel only.  It should work for ignition too but you may need a higher resolution sensor / trigger wheel.

The throttle bodies came from a 04 gsxr 600, they work great in the bike but for a quad I would get the newer style gsxr 750 or r6 throttle bodies. with the differance being the bodies i used are not independant so i had to make a little curved adapter from the reeds, the late throttle bodies split in 4.

IAT, MAP, and coolant temp sensor are just gm parts

the turbo is from a chevy sprint with a tiny greylor oil pump that pulls oil from the drain plug and dumps back in the oil fill!

obviously there is a bit of fab work to make it all work but it should be alot easier to package in a quad!

the market for EFI on banshees is wide open if you wanted to start offering kits to the masses

I don't have much interest in doing a kit at this time, but I will offer my help / tuning files to whoever wants them.  I have been doing some more tuning and the EFI system is pretty dialed in, clost to perfect AFR's all around.  However I am hitting a bit of a wall, I am running C12 now and the bike pulls very strong until about 9500 rpm and then starts breaking up (12-1 AFR on the wideband).  I may swap the stock head on and try that.  I am also currently +4 on timing so I will also try going back to stock or even slightly retarding timing to increase overrev.

Anybody know what cc dome would be roughly equivilant to stock?

Next question is I have an electosport dual output stator, can someone point me in the direction on how to wire both outputs through a reg/rec? I currently just have the 150watt lead hooked up and its not quite enough.

Thanks guys!, this is my first go at a banshee motor and appriciate any input

good call on the VR signal, I will look at the datalogs.  Never thought about that. 

With 2 reg/recs do I share the floated ground?  right now I hae a single trail tech with main lead to battery, 1 to frame ground, 1 to floated ground, and one to the 150w output