DNR SUCKS

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmm, unauthorized vehicle on the road/side of the road and you are complaining because you got a ticket. I'll give you a tip, if you don't like getting fined for something you know is illegal...guess what, don't do it! Hey, there's a bright idea :whistling:

C 14-16-1-20

Operation on highways and roads

Sec. 20. (a) An individual may not operate a vehicle required to be registered under this chapter upon a public highway, street, or rights-of-way thereof or on a public or private parking lot not specifically designated for the use of vehicles, except under the following conditions:

(1) A vehicle may be operated on the public right-of-way adjacent to the traveled part of the public highway, except a limited access highway, if there is sufficient width to operate at a reasonable distance off and away from the traveled part and in a manner so as not to endanger life or property.

(2) The operator of a vehicle may cross a public highway, other than a limited access highway, at right angles for the purpose of getting from one (1) area to another when the operation can be done in safety. The operator shall bring the vehicle to a complete stop before proceeding across a public highway and shall yield the right-of-way to all traffic.

(3) Notwithstanding this section, a vehicle may be operated on a highway in a county road system outside the corporate limits of a city or town if the highway is designated for this purpose by the county highway department having jurisdiction.

(4) A law enforcement officer of a city, town, or county or the state may authorize use of a vehicle on the public highways, streets, and rights-of-way within the officer's jurisdiction during emergencies when conventional motor vehicles cannot be used for transportation due to snow or other extreme highway conditions.

(5) A vehicle may be operated on a street or highway for a

special event of limited duration conducted according to a prearranged schedule only under permit from the governmental unit having jurisdiction. The event may be conducted on the frozen surface of public waters only under permit from the department.

(B) An individual less than fourteen (14) years of age may not operate a vehicle without immediate supervision of an individual at least eighteen (18) years of age, except on land owned or under the control of the individual or the individual's parent or legal guardian.

© An individual may not operate a vehicle on a public highway without a valid motor vehicle driver's license.

(d) A vehicle may not be used to hunt, pursue, worry, or kill a wild bird or a domestic or wild animal.

As added by P.L.1-1995, SEC.9.

You were saying?

C 14-16-1-20

Applys to motor vehicles only, In Indiana an ATV is not considered a motor vehicle and cannot operate on the roadway except in Greene, Jackson and a few other countys. YOU can cross a COUNTY road at a 90 degree angle to go from trailhead to trailhead. Also DNR has no authority to write you. You probably mean a conservation officer. AND you got a big ass break 95% of the time they tow your bike. $80 bucks plus one day of storage. Running is not a good idea either. It wouldnt take much for you to be identified. Most people think if you get away, there is no way they can prove it was you and your home free. FAAAR from true.

Also what part of Indiana do you live in and what was the name of the officer? What county do you live in? If by some chance I know the guy I can have it taken care of as long as you were only puttin along side the road and were not tearin ass.

C 14-16-1-20

Applys to motor vehicles only, In Indiana an ATV is not considered a motor vehicle and cannot operate on the roadway except in Greene, Jackson and a few other countys. YOU can cross a COUNTY road at a 90 degree angle to go from trailhead to trailhead. Also DNR has no authority to write you. You probably mean a conservation officer. AND you got a big ass break 95% of the time they tow your bike. $80 bucks plus one day of storage. Running is not a good idea either. It wouldnt take much for you to be identified. Most people think if you get away, there is no way they can prove it was you and your home free. FAAAR from true.

Also what part of Indiana do you live in and what was the name of the officer? What county do you live in? If by some chance I know the guy I can have it taken care of as long as you were only puttin along side the road and were not tearin ass.

The top of the ticket says, Department of Natural Resources.. And C 14-16-1-20 is in regards to ORV and SNOWMOBILES so I think it applies here. If you can prove to me that my quad is not considered an ORV it would be much appreciated. I live in Morgan county just outside of Martinsville. David Reese was the powertripping asshole that gave me the ticket. I wasn't flying.. I had all 4 tires in the grass and was part throttle 4th gear. The speed limit on the road is 55. I was doing maybe 45.

An individual may not operate a vehicle required to be registered under this chapter upon a public highway, street, or rights-of-way thereof or on a public or private parking lot not specifically designated for the use of vehicles, except under the following conditions:

You were saying?

Still saying the same thing, you asked for it...Read it again...is your vehicle registered with your local DMV?

Part throttle 4th gear, 45mph, I guess you just have a "sixth sense" where you know exactly how fast you were going. Something tells me if you had been in maybe 1st or 2nd gear, cruising slow, you might not be dealing with this....

C 14-16-1-20

Know any cops in NJ? I got a whole glovebox full of tickets I need taken care of. :yelrotflmao:

Good luck to ya bro, with all the spots to ride in Indiana, why hit the roads? I only do that in NJ because we have 0 places to ride.

F%#k the DNR, the DCNR... They are nothing more than teh squirrel police... Not that I ride along

side the roadway or anything, but he would have had to catch me first... I'd take my ticket from

the higway patrol or state police but not some DNR. IMO, the DNR should have no jurisdiction on

state traffic code, unless its on state park property. Just MO...?

Still saying the same thing, you asked for it...Read it again...is your vehicle registered with your local DMV?

Part throttle 4th gear, 45mph, I guess you just have a "sixth sense" where you know exactly how fast you were going. Something tells me if you had been in maybe 1st or 2nd gear, cruising slow, you might not be dealing with this....

DID I GET A TICKET FOR IT NOT BEING REGISTERED? NO..

I would probably guess that I was at 45 mph or less. So i guess I do have a 6th sense for knowing how fast I was going. My point is, that the asshole was being just that, an asshole. There was no reason to give me a ticket other then the fact that he is a powertripping douche.

Know any cops in NJ? I got a whole glovebox full of tickets I need taken care of. :yelrotflmao:

Good luck to ya bro, with all the spots to ride in Indiana, why hit the roads? I only do that in NJ because we have 0 places to ride.

I have the day off today and I was having a piece on it welded. The guy lives less then 2 miles from my house so it was easier for me to just ride it there as opposed to loading it into my truck.

F%#k the DNR, the DCNR... They are nothing more than teh squirrel police... Not that I ride along

side the roadway or anything, but he would have had to catch me first... I'd take my ticket from

the higway patrol or state police but not some DNR. IMO, the DNR should have no jurisdiction on

state traffic code, unless its on state park property. Just MO...?

Kind of what I would think. Is the DNR officer like a conservation agent, or state park official? Never heard of them here. (I know what DNR is, just never heard of an officer with the DNR). The conservation agents around here usually leave us alone, but the police...that's a different story.

Kind of what I would think. Is the DNR officer like a conservation agent, or state park official? Never heard of them here. (I know what DNR is, just never heard of an officer with the DNR). The conservation agents around here usually leave us alone, but the police...that's a different story.

In PA, the are the DCNR (Department of Conservation and Natural Resources). The ride the roads in

between the State Game Lands and pull people over for speeding, they cruise through the parking

areas and give tickets "on parked cars" for expired registration and inspection stickers. Honestly I

have not met one I didnt want to punch in the face. I live on a "Private Road" thats owned and

maintained by a home owners association comprised of the residents of my develpment. Now this

is not your typical development, the roads are dirt, and we are in the stix... Well at the end on my

road there is a trail that is State owned and accesses the ATV riding trails. From time to time the

DCNR comes down our road to get to these State trails... Well one time a DCNR officer was down

our road inspecting the trail or checking the squirrels nut gathering permits or whatever the fuck

they do... anyway, I was riding down my street "Private Street" going to my neighbors... Well, he

rolls up behind me and hits his lights up... I see him and keep going to my buddies about 1/8

of a mile down from my house... He follows me and just before I get to my buddies house he

hits the siren... I pull in, and he jumps out screamin at my asking me why I didnt stop... LOL Yeah,

you see where this is going... So I turn around and tell him to get the fuck back in his truck because

he is trespassing... Well he didnt not like that response so he tells me to get down on the ground...

See where this is going... yeah! Well I procede to tell him NO, I'm not getting doing anything he

says, and I pull out my cell phone and dial 911... He asked me what Iwas doing and I told him

that I was calling the police and reporting him for trespassing and threatning me... Well I wont

bore any of you with the whole story, but it ended up with him leaving, me not going to jail, and

now everytime he see's me out on the State trails I get a good old fashioned shake down. He was

wrong, and he was just being a dick... 99% of them are mad because they were not smart enough

to get into the State Police Academy...

DID I GET A TICKET FOR IT NOT BEING REGISTERED? NO..

I would probably guess that I was at 45 mph or less. So i guess I do have a 6th sense for knowing how fast I was going. My point is, that the asshole was being just that, an asshole. There was no reason to give me a ticket other then the fact that he is a powertripping douche.

And MY point is...you know as well as everyone you shouldn't be riding on the road or shoulder with your ATV, you knew there is a risk, you took it, you got bit, be an adult about it and pay your fine. What do you honestly expect to achieve by whining like a little baby about you getting a ticket for doing something illegal...do you want a cookie to make you feel better? Your e-penis didn't grow any by getting a ticket on your bike...what's your point of crying about this?

It was a conservation officer who wrote the ticket, on a DNR code. Conservation officers have full jurisdiction over all traffic code, crim code and DNR code. Conservation officers are no joke. They go through the regular police academy which is 16 weeks....THEN they have there own 16 week academy which is 16 weeks of HELL. People have this conception that cops love writing tickets. Infact I know several and this is pure 100% bullshit. Writing tickets is a pain in the ass. All of the money goes to the state of Indiana except $3.00 which can be used for training. There are four carbon copies on a ticket, and a hardcopy. Those books are expensive to make. By the time its all said and done your looking at 2.50 a ticket which can be used for training only. Which would seem ok however IT IS NOT WORTH the time you spend in court. We only write tickets if people deserve them. At least in central Indiana.

David Reese is a good guy he has arrested a shit ton of people for loads of differnt shit. He got no satisfcation what so ever from writing you a 100 buck ciatation.

Morgan County just outside of Martinsville? Were you around the Mahalasville bottoms ? I heard like two people own that entire area and its really awesome to ride.