Motor Rebuild

bt's shee

I have a disassembled motor from a '95 that has been sitting around and I am considering a stroker. My first thought was to send everything to FAST and have them check it out and get back with me.

Any other options the members would suggest?

thx

Your gonna get so many different answers it's unreal basically whoever built a persons motor obviously is gonna say bring it to the person that did theirs. There are alot of good builders out there just call around and you decide who to go with. Ask how long will it take, price, etc. I do all my buisiness with Jeff. Everytime i order something it's shipped out same day if not next morning.

Your gonna get so many different answers it's unreal basically whoever built a persons motor obviously is gonna say bring it to the person that did theirs. There are alot of good builders out there just call around and you decide who to go with. Ask how long will it take, price, etc. I do all my buisiness with Jeff. Everytime i order something it's shipped out same day if not next morning.

Kevin takes 2 weeks. Jeff's turnaround won't be that quick... His choice. I bought carbs off Jeff, they were at my door in 24 hours. He sure ships parts out fast though...

Kevin knows his stuff. I did my research when I was going to do mine. I am not just saying to send his to Kevin because that is what I did. Jeff is good, I saw a banshee run that ported by him. Same setup as mine, he had 35mm pwk's and I got it by several bikes. Guy bought it off craiglist in NJ and had it up for the weekend up here...

I am saying this because he answered all my questions, answered the phone the 893 times I called him, and never hurried me off the phone. He was even more helpful when I was putting it back together. And the thing flys...

And his work is second to none. I saw and beat other builder's bike with mine... enough said.

Edited by TeamRealtreeHD

I havnt had mine done yet but when I do it will be Wild Card Racing. slobanshee06 does sweet work I have ridden a few bikes he die and damn!, dude does good work. everyone has thier own oppinion and mine is that he is the guy. look into it.

Might be a stupid question but do yal just ship or ups yals motors to somebody if theres nobody close enough to drive? i live in mississppi and dont know of anyone who builds banshees. slobanshee seemed real cool im callin him shortly to get advice on my build nice guy. if i lived in utah or wherever he lives i'd def take it to him

like was said by kao.there are many good builders out there but i did the same thing your doing and searched for days and i found kevin herr.i have ran his 4mil drag port with stock cylinders and now the cub.his work is awesome and his costumer service is out of this world.his motors run with any builder and alot of times found myself out front.i know it was said that you will here the best is from the guy that did there motor but in my case i go with the guy that builds a motor that wins me races and thats why i use kevin

goto k mart wal mart whatever and buy a big tupper ware used for storage put a towel on the bottom and some newspaper then drop yer motor in then newspaper all around till the motors snug with the top part left open for parts.. put the parts in then a towel on top if ya like more news paper then maybe a piece of cardboard..get creative thats what i did...then goto the UPS store or what ever post office and have them weigt it to hip it and write out a mailing addres one with you as the sender and you as the reciver put the one that makes you the reciver in the box with yer motor and let here rip....that way the person can work on your motor then just leave it for ups to pick it up...saves time makes ppl happy. i just got my motor back from jeff at FAST racing looks clean he was easy too work with, told me what i need and it was very far priced...jeffs my mechanic...everyone has there own

I made some phone calls and have learned quite a bit. If there are any builders within driving distance of Columbus Ohio, please let me know! We have Lancaster Sport cycles, MJ USA, Quad concepts, and a few others around Ohio. I drive up through MI quite a bit as well and I am sure there is a shop servicing the dune riders there.

My feeling was that sending a motor FedEx for $50 to a sweet banshee shop would be worth the premium. As far as shipping goes, my recommendation is to grab the ole hand saw and dumpster dive for some scrap plywood and 2x4s to make a small wooden crate. That way you can re-use it later on and the builder can just stuff the motor back in it and send it back home.

Something of interest that I have not seen brought up is a shop in CA named Mota Carrera

http://www.motocarrera.com/

This looks like a shop worth calling as well!! They work on RD350, RZ350, Banshee, ... yep I got it they all have the same motor ;) Has anyone ever called these guys?

Thanks again!

bt

If you have to send your whole motor its gonna cost you about $100 one way. Go to walmart and get a plastic box like stated above. I just got done shipping my motor to California and back in one of them. As far as motor work goes, www.herrjugsracing.com You asked for a good place to get your motor done, there ya go. If can assemble it, (anyone with a manual can), all you need to do is send your topend. Thats only like $30 one way.

Ryan

• 6 years later...